Family History & Genealogy
The Logan Libraries Local Studies Collection contains a wealth of resources for anyone commencing or continuing their family history research.
Find My Past
FindMyPast.com.au is a family history and genealogy website, which launched in May 2010. The website currently offers subscription access to a collection of over 50 million historical records covering Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and the Pacific Islands. These are mainly family history records, but you will also find thousands of social, government and general history records, which are of great interest not only to anyone researching their family tree, but also if you are interested in social and local history.
The Ancestry Library database includes US and UK Census collections; birth, marriage and death databases; immigration records; family facts and more. Ancestry Library is accessible free of charge at any Logan City Council Library branch.
The Logan History database contains local cemetery listings for some of the Logan cemeteries.
Logan Libraries hold indexes of Queensland deaths prior to 1964, marriages up to 1939 and births to 1919. A comprehensive range of indexes for New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania and South Australia, are also available.
Some of this material is on microfiche, but recent compilations of births, deaths and marriages into a single index are on CD-ROMs. Newspapers and Queensland Immigration and Electoral Rolls are on microfilm. The Local Studies Room has a microfilm/fiche scanner, which allows you to email or print research material or save it to USB.
Specific enquires may be directed to the Local Studies Librarian on 07 3412 4165.
- Queensland Pioneer Index 1829-1889 (BDM)
- Queensland Federation Index 1890-1914 (BDM)
- Queensland Births 1850-1919
- Queensland Deaths 1856-1964
- Queensland Marriages 1839-1939
- Almanacs, gazetteers, directories - Queensland
- Index to K M Smith - Undertaker's Records
- Local cemetery lists
- Logan Witness [newspaper] 1879-1893
- Beaudesert Despatch/Times [newspaper] 1899-1967
- Albert Advocate/Logan and Albert News [newspaper] from 1966
- Miscellaneous records of the Moreton Bay region 1855-1859
- Pamphlet file includes local family histories
- Photograph collection of local area and families
- Pioneer and Settler Register - South East Queensland
- QFHS cemetery records
- QFHS Lone Grave Collection
- QFHS war and other memorials
- Queensland Cemetery Indexes-various
- Queensland Census 1861-1901
- Queensland Early Pioneer Indexes 1824-1859
- Queensland Electoral Rolls 1860-1900
- Queensland Immigration Records 1848-1923
- Queensland Intestacies, insolvencies and Wills 1859-1900
- Queensland Naturalisation Records 1851-1905
- Queensland Post Office Directories 1868-1949
New South Wales resources
- New South Wales Births 1788-1918
- New South Wales Deaths 1788-1945
- New South Wales Marriages 1788-1945
- Bounty Immigration to New South Wales 1824-1842
- Census of New South Wales, November 1828
- Census New South Wales 1828
- General Muster New South Wales 1814
- General Muster New South Wales and Norfolk Island 1811
- Shipping Arrivals and Departures Sydney 1788-1825
- Shipping Arrivals and Departures Sydney 1826-1840
- Convicts to New South Wales 1788-1812
- General Return of Convicts in New South Wales 1837
- Victorian Births 1836-1920
- Victorian Deaths 1836-1985
- Victorian Marriages 1836-1942
- Immigration 1852-1879
- Inquest index 1840-1985
- Victorian - Great War Index (BDMs) 1914-1920
- Victorian - Marriage indexes 1921-1942
- Marine BDMs 1853-1920
- Sands and Kenny's Melbourne directories 1857-1861
South Australian resources
- South Australian Births 1842-1928
- South Australian Deaths 1842-1915
- South Australian - Marriages 1842-1937
- Tasmanian - Pioneer Index (BDMs) 1803-1899
- Tasmanian Births 1900-1905
- Tasmanian Deaths and Marriages 1900-1914
- Australian Biographical and Genealogical Record
- Emigrants from Hamburg Series
- First Fleet Families
- Fourth Fleet Families of Australia
- Geographical Dictionary of the Australian Colonies 1848
- Pioneer Register (volumes 4 and 5)
- Third Fleet Families of Australia
Find more genealogy resources using the library catalogue.
The Family History and Research Service available through the State Library of Queensland can also provide assistance in researching your ancestors.