This is a relatively new area of urban subdivision adjacent to Carbrook in the watershed of California Creek and the Logan River. Much of the land was originally owned by the Wagner family through to the 1890s. William Tabb bought this property in about 1894 and continued to run it as a dairy farm for about 10 years. The homestead was built around 1905. During the 1920s under the ownership of the Taylor family the property was named Cornubia Park. It was located in the area between the current western boundary of the suburb and California Creek Road and West Mount Cotton Road and totalled 16,000 acres. Timber getting, dairying, and the growing of corn oats and barley were the main activities carried on here.
In September 1934 the land was purchased by the Jessens who changed the name of the property to Cornubia after members of the public often arrived for picnics, believing that Cornubia Park was for general usage. The Jessens continued timber getting and the logs were used for house stumps, power and telephone poles, mine props, railway sleepers and fencing. Dairying was also important and the Jessens grew fodder crops for their cows. Cream was sent to the Kingston Butter Factory. The land was sold to Alfred Grant in 1956 and was subdivided into smaller lots. Part of this old property has been jointly purchased by Logan City Council and the Queensland Government because of its environmental significance. A nature reserve has been designated in California Creek Road along the creek.
Facilities in Cornubia include the Mount Cotton Driver Training Centre and the Cornubia Park Sports Centre. St Matthew's Catholic Primary School opened in 1984 and Chisholm Catholic College opened in 1992. The first Lutheran Church of the area was located next to the cemetery on the corner of Wuduru and Mount Cotton Roads. It was built in 1876 (see Carbrook).