Australia Day Awards
The Australia Day Awards recognise extraordinary citizens who have made a contribution to improve our city. They may have achieved something special in the current year and/or served the local community over many years.
Nominations for the 2020 City of Logan Australia Day Awards are closed.
You can help us recognise the efforts of extraordinary people in our community. We are seeking nominations in two categories: Citizen of the year and Young person of the year. If you know someone who has made a great contribution to Logan City, please nominate them for an award.
Citizen of the year
Presented to a person for their outstanding endeavours, achievements and community involvement.
Young person of the year
For people aged under 27 years at 26 January 2020. Presented to a young person who has given an outstanding contribution to the community.
Nominations are closed.
All category winners will be selected by an independent committee. These prestigious awards are only available to one recipient in each category. The decision of the judges will be final and no there will be no further correspondence.
The winners for both categories were announced at a special function at the Logan Entertainment Centre on Saturday 26 January 2020.
Conditions of entry
- Nominees must be a resident of the City of Logan at the time of nomination.
- Nominees must be aware you are nominating them
- All nominations must have a nominator and address the selection criteria within the space provided.
- Each question criteria should be a minimum of 50 words and maximum of 250 words
- Council employees or elected members are not eligible for the awards.
- All documentation will be retained by Logan City Council.
- Contact details of nominators may be forwarded to local media.
- Late nominations (after 5pm, Monday 9 December 2019) will not be accepted.
- The Citizen of The Year Award is available to only one recipient
- The Young Citizen of The Year Award is available to only one recipient
- The winners will be announced at the Logan Australia Day Awards on Saturday 26 January 2020
- Nominations for the 2020 Awards close 5pm Monday 9 December 2019
- Annette Bird - Citizen of the year
- Gabrielle Crotty - Young person of the year
For a list of winners from previous years, please see Australia Day Award Winners.
For more information, please call us on 07 3412 3412.