Australia Day Awards
Nominate your local hero! Whether it’s someone who has planted lots of trees, cooked for the homeless, helped out a community centre or brought a ray of sunshine to residents – we want to hear from you!
The Australia Day Awards recognise extraordinary citizens who have contributed to serving our community. They may have achieved something special this year and / or served the local community over many years. You can help us to recognise the efforts of extraordinary people in our community. We will be looking for nominations in two categories: ‘Citizen of the Year’ and ‘Young Person of the Year’.
If you know someone who has made a great contribution to Logan City, please nominate them for an award. Nominations for the 2023 City of Logan Australia Day Awards are open now until 30 November 2022.
Citizen of the year
Presented to a person for their outstanding endeavors, achievements and community involvement.
Young person of the year
For people aged under 27 years at 26 January 2023. Presented to a young person who has made an outstanding contribution to the community.
Nominations are now open until 30 November 2022 for the 2023 awards.
All category winners will be selected by a committee made up of number of key community members and council representatives. These prestigious awards are only available to one recipient in each category. The judge’s decision will be final and there will be no further correspondence.
The winners for both categories will be announced at a special function on 26 January 2023.
Conditions of entry
- Nominees must be a resident of the City of Logan at the time of nomination.
- Nominees must be aware you are nominating them
- All nominations must have a nominator and address the selection criteria within the space provided.
- Each question criteria should be a minimum of 50 words and maximum of 250 words
- Council employees or elected members are not eligible for the awards.
- Logan City Council will keep all documentation.
- We may forward contact details of nominators and nominees to local media.
- Late nominations will not be accepted.
- The Citizen of the Year Award is available to only one recipient.
- The Young Citizen of the Year Award is available to only one recipient.
- We will announce the winners at the City of Logan Australia Day Awards on 26 January 2023.
- Ranandy Stanley - Citizen of the Year
- Robyn Wilson - Spirit of Logan Award
For a list of winners from previous years, please see Australia Day Award Winners.
For more information, please call us on 07 3412 3412.