Each year more than 7,000 volunteers from our city show the strength of our community
Every year we hold a volunteers award. We have been doing this since 1988 to acknowledge the outstanding contributions of individuals and organisations in our community.
We are looking for extraordinary people in our community who have helped make Logan a thriving and diverse city.
We are seeking nominations from the community to acknowledge the achievements of an individual resident or a volunteer based organisation.
The following Awards are available:
Frank Lenz Memorial Award for Volunteer of the Year - This award will be presented to an individual in recognition of outstanding contribution as a volunteer in Logan City.
Davida Steele Memorial Award for an Outstanding Community Organisation - This award will be presented to a not-for-profit organisation, community group or program which has made a significant contribution to our community.
Conditions of Entry
- Nominees must be a resident or an organisation within the City of Logan at the time of nomination.
- Nominees must be aware you are nominating them or their organisation.
- All nominations must have a nominator and address the selection criteria.
- Each question criteria should be a minimum of 50 words and maximum of 250 words.
- Nominations for volunteers who are also employed by Logan City Council will be subject to potential conflict of interest considerations.
- Logan City Council elected representatives are not eligible for nomination.
- All documentation will be kept by Logan City Council.
- Contact details of nominators may be forwarded to local media.
- Late nominations will not be accepted.
- The Frank Lenz Memorial Award is available to only one recipient.
- The Davida Steele Memorial Award is available to only one organisation.
- Nominations for the 2023 Awards close at midnight on Monday 10 April 2023.
How to nominate
Nominations for the Logan Volunteer Awards 2023 are now open. To nominate, please fill in the form.
The judging process
The winners will be selected by an independent committee.
The Judge’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into by Logan City Council.
For a list of winners from previous years, please see Logan Volunteer Awards winners.
For more information, please call us on 07 3412 3412.