Community Project Grants
Council's next round of Community Project Grants (round 1 2019) will open on Monday 18 February and close at 5:00pm on Monday 18 March 2019.
Under this grants program local community organisations can apply for up to $8,000 to support the delivery of meaningful projects and programs for residents living in the City of Logan. Projects that achieve one or more of the following objectives may be eligible for funding:
- To engage people in becoming active participants in the community
- To increase community identity, connection and social inclusion
- To increase skills and knowledge within the community sector to support local initiatives
- To build and strengthen partnerships between community organisations
The Community Project Grants has two funding rounds per year:
|Funding Round||Applications Open||Applications Close||Outcome Advised|
|Round 1 2019||18 February 2019||18 March 2019||June 2019|
|Round 2 2019||22 July 2019||26 August 2019||November 2019|
Grant applications must be received by 5:00pm on the nominated closing date. Late or incomplete applications may not be accepted.
Successful applicants will have 12 months from the time of notification of your successful application to complete the project.
- Be a not-for-profit incorporated organisation, or be auspiced by a not-for-profit organisation that is incorporated and able to accept legal and financial responsibility for the project or activity
- Hold current public liability insurance for $20 million
- Hold an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Have no outstanding acquittals or debts with Council
- Hold Working with Children and Young People Blue Cards when applying for projects where staff will work with children and young people
Please note that one-off events are not eligible for Community Project Grants. If you would like the opportunity to submit a sponsorship grant for your one-off community event, please visit the Events Funding Project webpage for more information.
How to apply
Before applying you must read the Community Project Grants Guidelines (PDF 460 KB).
All applications are to be submitted online. The online application form will be available between the opening and closing dates for each funding round. Once you click the 'apply' button you will be prompted to create a log in.
Within your application you will need to provide supporting documentation including a project plan and risk management plan. The following templates are provided for your use if required:
Further information and support
For the opportunity to find out more about the Community Project Grants, Council offers free grant workshops to:
- Provide an overview of the Community Project Grants.
- Discuss eligibility for the grant.
- Provide tips to complete your application.
- Provide general advice on project ideas and applications.
Information about Community Project Grant workshops being held for Round 1 2019 will be available closer to the opening date.
In addition to the Community Project Grant workshops, Council also offers Council Grant Forums which provide high level information about all Council grant and sponsorship programs. Find out more about the Council Grant Forum.
Grant Help Toolkit
Council in partnership with CPR Group have prepared a Grant Help Toolkit which provides an overview of the current grant programs that are offered by Logan City Council and helpful information to ensure your grant application produces a successful application.
If you would like to discuss your application or any aspect of Council's Community Project Grants, please contact Council's Community Development team on 3412 3412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If English is not your preferred language please contact Council's Customer Service staff on 3412 3412 to access interpreter support in your preferred language.
For ABN enquiries please contact the Australian Taxation Office on 13 28 56 or visit www.ato.gov.au.
Previous grants awarded
For information on the projects that have been successful in receiving a Community Project Grant (previously Community Services Grants) in previous rounds, please visit the Community Project Grants Award webpage.