Community Project Grants
Eligible community organisations and social enterprises can apply for up to $8,000 to deliver meaningful projects and programs for residents living in the City of Logan. Projects must achieve one or more of the following objectives:
- Engages people in becoming active participants in the community.
- Increases community identity, connection and social inclusion.
- Increases skills and knowledge within the community sector to support local initiatives.
- Builds and strengthens partnerships between community organisations.
The Community Project Grants has two funding rounds per year:
|Funding Round||Applications Open||Applications Close||Outcome Advised|
|Round 1 2019||18 February 2019||18 March 2019||June 2019|
|Round 2 2019||22 July 2019||26 August 2019||November 2019|
Grant applications must be received by 5:00pm on the nominated closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Successful applicants will have 12 months from the time of notification of your successful application to complete the project.
- Be an incorporated not-for-profit organisation, registered charitable institution or social enterprise.
- If you are an individual or group you can still apply if you organise an ‘auspice’ for your application. This means that you partner with an organisation or charity who accepts legal and financial responsibility for the project.
- Have current Public Liability insurance for $20 million.
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Have no outstanding acquittals or debts with Council.
- Anyone working with children will need to get a 'Working with Children and Young People Blue Card'.
Please note that one-off events are not eligible for Community Project Grants. If you are seeking funding for your one-off community event, please visit the Events Funding Project webpage for more information.
How to apply
Before applying you must read the Community Project Grants Guidelines (PDF 202 KB).
The guidelines are available in the following languages:
All applications are to be submitted online. The online application form will be available between the opening and closing dates for each funding round. Once you click the 'apply' button you will be prompted to create a log in.
Within your application you will need to provide supporting documentation including a project plan and risk management plan. The following templates are provided for your use if required:
Further information and support
For the opportunity to find out more about the Community Project Grants, Council offers free grant workshops to:
- provide an overview of the Community Project Grants
- discuss eligibility for the grant
- provide tips to complete your application
- provide general advice on project ideas and applications.
Grant workshops are held during each grant round. More information will be posted closer to the round opening date.
In addition to the Community Project Grants workshops, Council also offers free Council Grants Forums which provide high level information about all Council grant programs. Find out more about the Council Grants Forum.
Grant Help Toolkit
Council in partnership with CPR Group have prepared a Grant Help Toolkit which provides an overview of the current grant programs that are offered by Logan City Council and helpful information to ensure your grant application produces a successful application.
If you would like to discuss your application or any aspect of Council's Community Project Grants, please contact Council's Community Development team on 3412 3412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If English is not your preferred language please contact Council's Customer Service staff on 3412 3412 to access interpreter support in your preferred language.
For ABN enquiries please contact the Australian Taxation Office on 13 28 56 or visit www.ato.gov.au.
Previous grants awarded
For information on the projects that have been successful in receiving a Community Project Grant (previously Community Services Grants) in previous rounds, please visit the Community Project Grants Award webpage.
You can contact Council via:
- Phone on 3412 3412 and ask to speak to the Community Development Program
- Email email@example.com
- Write to us at PO Box 3226, Logan City DC Qld 4114
If you are deaf, or have a hearing impairment or speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service.
- TTY (Hearing Impaired): Phone 133 677
- Speak and Listen: Phone 1300 555 727
Please contact Council is you require any of the documents listed in alternative forms.