Tertiary Educational Bursaries
The City of Logan Tertiary Educational Bursary offers financial support for university students from Logan City.
We work with several organisations in south east Queensland to provide financial support to young people in Logan wishing to undertake tertiary studies. Students from families whose own financial resources are limited are encouraged to apply.
We award up to eight tertiary education bursaries each year. Successful students receive a $5,000 bursary that is provided in instalments for each semester (or trimester) of a three year course.
What criteria do I need to meet?
Applicants for the bursary need to meet these selection criteria:
- Be a resident of the City of Logan;
- Attending full time student at a secondary school within or adjacent to the City of Logan, or home schooled completing grade 12 in 2019;
- Intending to enrol in tertiary studies at a Queensland university in 2020;
- Must enrol as a full time, on-campus student for at least the first two years of a three year course, unless an on-campus, accelerated course is studied;
- Be likely to have their university offer confirmed by 17 January 2020
- In need of financial assistance
How is the decision made?
All applications that meet the Selection Criteria will be reviewed by a Selection Panel in January 2020. Applications will be rated according to academic ability, educational highlights, motivation to succeed, financial hardship and personal/social circumstances.
How do I apply?
Stage 1 – (1 October 2019 – 6 December 2019)
If you believe you can satisfy all of the above criteria please register and complete the form.
You will need to include two written references (one reference must be from a senior staff member of the school where you’re studying Year 12).
Stage 2 - (By 19 January 2020)
All applicants are required to submit the following documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 19 January 2020.
- A copy of the QCAA Senior Statement
- Tertiary Entrance Statement (OP Statement) or Selection Rank Record
- Official Offer from a Queensland Tertiary Institution
- Applications that remain incomplete after 19 January 2020 will be ineligible for consideration
- The application form and all included written statements must be the applicant's own work.
- The decision of the selection panel will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Recipients are not permitted to receive another bursary. If you receive our bursary and are offered a scholarship or bursary by another organisation or university, you must notify Logan City Council to cancel your bursary.
- The bursary can only be used for study at a Queensland University, while you are a student at that university.
- We will provide the successful recipients with $1,750 in the first year, $1,500 in the second year and $1,750 in the third year unless the university course structure is an 'accelerated' format. This can be used to purchase textbooks, stationery or other essential items for study.
- The recipient is required to submit their results to email@example.com each semester/trimester before receiving the next instalment.
- If the recipient fails a subject, subsequent instalments will be paid proportionally based on subjects they passed.
- The bursary will be forfeited if you:
- fail the course,
- change to another tertiary institution in another state
- change to a lesser tertiary institution that is not a university
- change to a lesser course (not a degree course), or
- cancel your enrolment in the course.
Who can I ask for further information?
All applicants are encouraged to contact Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC) to make sure you know how to meet the requirements of your chosen course. Call 1300 467 822 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information
Phone 3412 3412