Logan City Council Community Benefit Fund
A Community Benefit Fund was approved in the Logan City Council 2019/2020 Budget. This fund was established for the purpose of meeting requests for financial assistance from community organisations and individuals within Logan City. Requests for financial assistance from this fund are decided upon by the Interim Administrator.
The following amounts were allocated for this program under the 2019/2020 Budget and became available on 1 July 2019:
|Whole of City||$150,000|
Am I eligible to apply?
Applicants must be over 18 years of age. Where funding is requested for a child, the child's parent or guardian should make a request on their behalf.
Where the applicant is an organisation, the request must be made by an office bearer of the organisation.
To be eligible to receive funding, an applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- An applicant must be free of debt with Council (i.e. no outstanding rates, Council fines, community venue hire fees, etc).
- An applicant must not be a political organisation.
- If the applicant is an organisation, it must be a not-for-profit community organisation.
- Where funding has previously been received by the applicant, the funding must be fully acquitted, if applicable (i.e. an evaluation form provided along with receipts verifying expenditure).
If you have not acquitted funding previously provided to you or your organisation (if applicable), please download and complete the CBF Evaluation Form (PDF 159 KB) and return it, along with your receipts, to Council as soon as possible.
In addition, the funding purpose must fall into one of the following 'community purpose' categories:
- Encourages physical activity through participation in sporting, recreational and social pursuits.
- Fosters an understanding and appreciation of the City's heritage and cultural diversity.
- Promotes and encourages environmental protection and sustainability.
- Supports and builds relationships with disadvantaged or vulnerable groups in our community.
- Provides economic benefits to the City including promoting employment opportunities.
- Encourages and promotes educational opportunities and initiatives.
- Supports our City vision of 'Innovative, Dynamic, City of the Future'.
What types of requests generally receive support?
You can view the list of 2018/2019 recipients (PDF 322 KB) examples of funding requests that were approved last financial year.
You may also view requests that have been supported this financial year 2019/2020 recipients (PDF 114 KB).
How do I apply?
Please submit your request in writing to your Division. You must provide your name, address, funding purpose, amount requested and any other supporting information.
How will I know if my funding request was successful?
Your application will be assessed against the eligibility criteria. If your request meets all criteria, your request will be forwarded to the Interim Administrator for consideration.
If you are required to provide further information, or it is determined that you do not meet all of the eligibility criteria, you will be contacted and given the opportunity to comply.
You will receive notification from Logan City Council on the outcome of your funding request. Please note that if your request is supported, the amount provided may not reflect the amount you applied for.
Need further information?
For further information, please contact Logan City Council on (07) 3412 3412.