Land for Wildlife
The Land for Wildlife (PDF 798 KB) program has been assisting landowners in South East Queensland to enhance their properties to provide healthy habitats for wildlife as well as improve the overall ecological value of their land since 1998. The program has a strong educational focus and is ideal for landowners who want to attract more wildlife to their properties and achieve additional positive environmental benefits such as reducing erosion, connecting patches of bushland together, improving soil health, improving water quality in creeks and improving our sense of well-being and aesthetics.
Participation in the Land for Wildlife program is:
- voluntary; and
- non-binding (doesn't alter the legal status / title / zoning of your property).
The benefits you receive by joining Land for Wildlife include:
- free incentives package every year (such as plants, nest-boxes, herbicide etc.);
- land management advice that is specific to your needs;
- regular newsletters and free technical advice;
- networking opportunities (such as free workshops, open days and annual member celebration events); and
- recognition for your land management and conservation efforts.
Who can join the Land for Wildlife program?
- Individuals, groups and organisations with properties over 1 hectare in size that contain native bushland;
- Landowners willing to integrate nature conservation with their existing land uses.
How to apply
For more information about your property's eligibility simply complete the Land for Wildlife Enquiry Form and a Land for Wildlife Officer will contact you to discuss the options.
For more information about the Land for Wildlife program across SEQ visit www.lfwseq.org.au.