Inside Page Baner

Voluntary Restoration Agreement

Voluntary Restoration Agreement logoA Voluntary Restoration Agreement (VRA) is a legally binding partnership between Council and a landowner for an agreed period between 5-10 years. Council works together with landowners to set goals for the enhancement and restoration of vegetation on their property which are developed into an agreed Property Management Plan and a Restoration Agreement.

The benefits you receive for the duration of your agreement include:

  • eligibility to apply for up to $3000 in annual grants to fund revegetation projects on your property
  • an annual incentive allocation of 50 native tube stock plants per hectare of Restoration Area
  • Landholders on the Logan or Albert Rivers are eligible to apply for up to 1000 trees through Council's River Trees Program
  • land management advice that is specific to your needs
  • regular newsletters and free technical advice
  • networking opportunities (such as free workshops, open days and annual member celebration events)
  • recognition for your land management and conservation effort.

Who can register for a Voluntary Restoration Agreement?

Those who can register for a Voluntary Restoration Agreement include:

  • individuals, groups and organisations whose property has the potential to revegetate a minimum of 2500m2 of cleared/ degraded land and lies within one or more of the following: Logan City Council Ecological Corridors, adjoins Council’s Natural Areas, contains a mapped waterway or Waterway Buffer, or adjoins a property that is managed for Conservation (e.g. National Park, Conservation Covenant or Nature Refuge)
    • The minimum size of 2500m2 is waived for properties that contain a mapped waterway buffer and contain a minimum of 50m of mapped waterway. Such properties must revegetate the waterway to a minimum width of the mapped buffer (e.g. 10m, 30m, 50m or 100m).
  • landowners willing to integrate nature conservation and restoration works with their existing land uses.

For further information or to apply for a Voluntary Restoration Agreement, complete the Enquiry Form and a Council officer will contact you with further details.