Much like the rest of South East Queensland, solar PV has proven incredibly popular in Logan. There are now around 39,000 systems operational representing 161 megawatts of installed solar PV capacity (based on inverter size) across the city.
Households and businesses who install a solar PV system are provided with several benefits including:
- Free clean energy
- Reduced power bills. Despite reductions in feed-in tariffs they can still have a reasonably short payback period
- Reduced carbon footprint
- They allow the owner to show their neighbours/customers that they are keen to be part of the solution to climate change and are willing to make a significant investment to meet this challenge
A number of Logan based companies sell and install both solar PV and solar hot water systems. They are available to provide advice and quotes to residents and businesses alike.
Solar PV at Council
The are numerous solar PV systems on various Council owned buildings including a number of relatively large systems:
- Tudor Park Community Recreation Centre system (22 kW)
- Animal Management Centre (30 kW)
- Recycling Centre at the SmartTip (30 kW)
- Marsden Depot (100 kW)
- Logan Metro Sport Centre (100 kW)
- Beenleigh Library (100 kW)
- An off-grid system at Round Mountain Reservoir (87 kW)