Who can deliver asbestos containing material for disposal?
- Approved transporters; or
- Residents (living in or outside Logan) carrying less than 175kg
For more information, see the Queensland Government's requirements for transporting asbestos.
Where can asbestos containing material be disposed of in Logan?
Browns Plains Landfill only:
41 Recycle Way,
Heritage Park (off Bayliss Road)
ACM loads will only be accepted between 8am and 3:30pm every day.
Council's weighbridge staff have been given very broad directions on types of material that could contain asbestos. If there is any doubt, the material will be regarded as if it does contain asbestos.
- Landfill staff require at least 30 minutes notice prior to delivery. Phone 3412 4233, on weekdays and weekends.
- Asbestos must have been wetted down and at least double wrapped in durable plastic so that the load is air tight.
- Unless load is delivered by tipping type vehicle, all wrapped bundles must be of a size manageable by 1-2 persons as Council staff are not permitted to assist for safety and liability reasons.
- Approved transporters must provide a completed waste transport certificate (or approved alternative) for each load of trackable waste. Contact should be made with the Department of Environment and Science (13 74 68) if more information is required on waste transport certificates.