Inside Page Baner

Waste Disposal Fees & FAQs

Fees may apply to use Council's Waste & Recycling Facilities.

Frequently asked questions

What indentification do I need to show when I go to a Waste & Recycling Facility?

Our waste and recycling facilities have different fees for residents and non-residents. This means that Logan residents must provide proof of residency. This is best done with a driver’s licence or another form of photo ID that shows your Logan address. Alternatively a copy of a rates notice (paper or digital) or any other document that shows your Logan address, supported by photo identification is also acceptable proof of residency.

If you are a ratepayer who lives outside Logan, you will need to provide a copy of your rates notice (paper or digital), supported by photo identification.

If you live outside Logan or are unable to provide proof of residency, you are still welcome to use our waste disposal facilities but please understand you will be charged the non-Logan resident fees.

Commercial operators are not required to show identification. Commercial fees apply.

How can I pay?

We accept:

  • Cash
  • Cheque (endorsed with contact details on reverse)
  • Debit and credit cards (Visa and Mastercard only).

Weighbridge staff cannot accept debit or credit card payments made over the phone (known as MOTO payments), either in advance or while you're on site.

Can I set up an account with the tip?

Businesses who use the Browns Plains Waste & Recycling facility regularly can complete an application to open an account.

Please be aware that it can take 3-4 weeks for your application to be approved as we are required to conduct a credit check.

Contact our Customer Service Centre on (07) 3412 3412 to start the process.

Do you sell mulch at your sites?

You may recall a time when you were able to buy mulch at our sites.

To comply with the Biosecurity Act 2014 and Biosecurity Regulation 2016, Council must take all reasonable steps to ensure we do not contribute to the spreading of fire ants. Consequently, the sale and movement of mulch (a potential fire ant carrier) from our facilities is a practice that had to cease.

Where can I dispose of caravan and camper toilet waste?

Call Loganholme Water Treatment Plant’s general enquiries number on:

(07) 3412 3412 (if calling from a mobile) or
1300 1 LOGAN (1300 156 426) – Logan City landlines only

Ask about a waste water dumping point.

Do you accept liquid waste at any of your sites?

We are not able to accept liquid waste, watery mud or sludge, or the contents of hydro excavation (vacuum) trucks. We are solid waste disposal only (apart from cooking and motor oil in small quantities).

Prohibited wastes

Other than on Household Paint & Chemical Drop-Off Days, Council is not able to accept the following:

  • Acids and alkalis
  • Brake fluid
  • Chemical waste (generated through medical, veterinary and laboratory procedures)
  • Chlorinated waste
  • Clinical (medical and pharmaceutical) waste
  • Explosives
  • Infectious substances (sharps, human tissue lincluding material soaked with bodily fluid)
  • Pesticides and herbicides
  • Radiator Fluid
  • Fuel/petrol
  • Sewage

There are private companies that will accept these for a fee. Feel free to research alternative waste disposal companies and contact them for a quote to dispose of these waste types.