Paint and Household Chemical Disposal
We can accept paint at no charge from households and commercial customers through the National Paintback Scheme. This service is available at all of our waste and recycling facilities.
Conditions of using the service are:
- A maximum of 100 litres may be dropped off per visit. If you have more than this please contact Cleanaway.
- Paint should be in containers of 20 litres or less.
- To prevent spillages and incidents all containers must be sealed and in good condition i.e. not leaking.
- There are separate areas for water and oil based paints. Please make sure you place your containers in the appropriate area.
Household chemical drop off days
Logan residents can dispose of household chemicals free of charge on the dates listed below. The service is available from 8.00am to 4.00pm:
- Browns Plains Landfill - Saturday 2 November 2019
- Carbrook and Logan Village Transfer Stations - Saturday 1 February 2020
- Greenbank and Beenleigh Transfer Stations - Saturday 2 May 2020
Residents will be able to bring up to 10 litres of each of the following types of chemicals:
- arsenic based materials
- photographic solutions
- pool chlorine
- fire extinguishers (full or empty)
We will not accept materials that do not fall into the above categories. When you drop off the chemicals we will keep the containers that they are in.
To prevent spillages and incidents all containers must be sealed and in good condition i.e. not leaking.
For waste disposal fees please download the 2019/2020 Waste Fee Schedule (PDF 3308 KB).
For more information please call us on (07) 3412 3412.