Council encourages you to recycle household items such as glass, plastic, steel and aluminium containers, as well as cardboard and newspapers in your yellow lid bin. Our waste and recycling facilities continue to accept these materials for recycling; however, we will not be providing a 10-cent refund for eligible containers. For information on Queensland’s Containers for Change scheme, including container refund sites, visit www.containersforchange.com.au/where-can-i-return or call 13 4CHANGE (13 42 42).
Check our comprehensive list of recyclables, including e-waste, and how you can benefit from the Logan Recycling Market:
Which bin does this go in?
We've created a handy A-Z list of waste and resource recovery. If you're not sure where something should go, take a look (PDF 467 KB).
Mobile phone recycling service
Mobile phones, batteries and accessories can be recycled in the MobileMuster recycling boxes located at the following Council buildings:
- Council Administration Centre
- Beenleigh Customer Service Centre
- Logan North Library
- Logan West Library
- Jimboomba Library
- Marsden Library
E-waste recycling service
Council offers an e-waste recycling service.
Both residents and commercial customers can dispose of televisions and computers at no charge as long as these items comprise the majority of the load being tipped.
Acceptable recyclable e-waste
- All televisions, such as cathode ray tube (CRT), Plasma, LCD and Projection televisions
- Laptops, notebooks, palmtops and tablets
- Personal computer (PC) monitors and towers
- Parts for personal computers - for example internal hard drives, motherboards, video cards, internal power supplies, CPUs, DVD and CD drives
- Computer peripherals - for example mice, keyboards, joysticks, game pads, scanners and web cameras
- Printers - for example ink-jet, dot matrix, laser printers and multi-functional devices.
Non-acceptable recyclable e-waste
Still to be treated as general waste:
- Game consoles (such as Microsoft Xboxes or Sony PlayStations)
- Video recorders
- DVD players
- Radios / stereos
- Power tools
- Appliances like microwaves
- Products that have been exposed to radiation, biological or chemical hazards
- Set top boxes
The service is available at all our sites. See Waste Disposal Facilities for locations.
- Materials Recovery Facility (PDF 1168 KB)
- The Browns Plains Landfill (PDF 1546 KB)
- Worm Tubes (PDF 5905 KB)
- Worm Farming (PDF 2073 KB)
- Plastic Recycling (PDF 1871 KB)
- Paper Recycling (PDF 1945 KB)
- Natural Resources (PDF 1289 KB)
- Aluminium Recycling (PDF 2261 KB)
- Glass Recycling (PDF 3892 KB)
- DIY Polystyrene Worm farm (PDF 3735 KB)
- Composting (PDF 3408 KB)
- Recycling at school (PDF 2529 KB)
- Steel Recycling (PDF 2964 KB)
- Waste in Logan (PDF 3470 KB)