Pest Fishing Cup 24th September 2023
About this event
Join us for our annual Pest Fishing Cup at JJ Smith Park, Marsden. It will be a fun day of fishing for all ages and your chance to win great prizes.
By competing, you’ll help to remove Tilapia, Carp and other introduced fish (Goldfish, Koi, etc) from our local waterways. Coming along is a great way to learn more about sustainable fishing and our natural environment!
This is a family friendly event, so dust off the rods and bring along the whole family. Great prizes are on offer for those who catch fish, and even those who don’t!
Spaces are limited, so registration via eventbrite is required.
- $5 for individuals
- $15 for a Family of 4
- $20 for a Family of 5
- $5 for individual kayak/canoe
Registration includes three (3) barbless hooks per entrant and bait (corn and dough – limited supply). All proceeds from ticket sales (less booking fee costs) will be used to restock native species in the Scrubby Creek Catchment.
- To book please visit Eventbrite
- Suitable for ages 5 years and over - parent/guardian supervision required.
- PLEASE NOTE: only barbless hooks to be used.
- The event will be strictly managed under a Biosecurity Queensland pest fishing permit through fishing event management group 2 Bent Rods.
- This is a drug and alcohol-free event, no glass permitted on site.
- Please make sure you are aware of the current COVID-19 restrictions and do not attend if you are displaying COVID-19 or cold/flu symptoms, no matter how mild.
- If you can no longer attend, please cancel your booking via Eventbrite to free up your place to those who are on the waiting list. Alternatively, contact 2 Bent Rods at email@example.com.
This is a Logan City Council event delivered by 2 Bent Rods for the Logan community as part of the Scrubby Creek Recovery Plan.
Categories: What's on - Environmental
Search for other events...