- Located at the Logan North library.
- Contains computers, equipment and resources for people with vision, hearing, speech and mobility disabilities and learning differences.
- Useful to people learning English as a second language, or those who are undertaking reading development.
- Phone Logan North library for details on 07 3412 4143.
- Adult fiction is shelved alphabetically by the author's surname.
- Adult non-fiction section is shelved in numerical order according to subject using the Dewey Decimal Classification System.
- Paperbacks, romances and westerns are also available.
|Ask a Librarian
- Trained staff can assist with a variety of queries.
- Business and general interest topics.
- Find information for school projects.
- Reading recommendations.
- Research assignments.
- Reference collection which contains general reference books, atlases and Council minutes.
- Material in formats such as DVDs, CDs, and MP3.
- Up to 20 of these items may be borrowed at any one time.
- Find and reserve items in the library collection.
- View your current loans and reservations.
- Extend the loan period of your items.
- Browse electronic journals and encyclopedia services from the eLibrary page.
- Subscribe to the library enewsletter to receive information about free events.
- Staff members are happy to assist in using the catalogue.
- Large collection of material available for young readers, including fiction, non-fiction, picture books (easies), DVDs, CDs and popular series.
- DVD computer available at all branches.
- PS4 available at Beenleigh, Logan Hyperdome and Logan West libraries.
- Wii console available at Beenleigh, Jimboomba, Logan Central, Logan Hyperdome, Logan North, Logan West and Marsden libraries.
- Regular storytelling sessions and activities.
- Easy to access shelving and small furniture provide a welcoming atmosphere.
- Drive through featured at the Logan Hyperdome library to the right of the front entrance.
- Collect previously reserved items at the window.
- Return items through the after hours book chutes.
- A first for libraries in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Free events for all ages held regularly at all libraries.
- Regular computer training held free of charge.
- View upcoming events in our Events Calendar.
- Free parking and wheelchair accessibility.
- Toilets with baby change facilities.
- Fax facilities.
- Community notice boards.
- Colour and black-and-white photocopiers.
- Display space for community use (*conditions apply).
- Coffee, cold drink machines and water fountains at most libraries.
*Logan City Council Libraries will exercise due care in relation to all exhibits but will not accept responsibility for any loss or damage when in custody of Logan City Council Libraries or in the course of transit.
- Join the library.
- Borrow your library items.
- Reserve items free of charge.
- Collect reservations.
- Helpful library staff are happy to answer your questions.
- Self-checkout machines for patron use at most libraries.
- Genealogical resources for east coast Australian states.
- Immigration records for Queensland.
- Information about Logan City's history and contemporary life (including photographs, maps, transcripts of oral history recordings and various local newspapers dating back to 1878).
- Located on the lower level of the Logan Central library.
- For more information call the Local Studies Librarian on 07 3412 4165.
- Extensive selection of magazines.
- Available for borrowing or reading in the library.
- Shelved alphabetically by title for easy selection.
- Local and interstate newspapers are available for reading.
- Logan City Council Libraries may provide automatic hot water, crockery, whiteboard, data projector and screen, tables and chairs.
- Meeting rooms available at Beenleigh, Logan Central, Logan Hyperdome, Logan North, Logan West and Marsden libraries.
- For details regarding seating capacity and bookings contact your local library.
- Available to community organisations that are registered as members of the library.
The Marsden Library Music Studio is a space for patrons to jam and record music. There are a range of equipment available, free of charge to library members and includes:
- electric guitar
- electric bass guitar
- electric drums
- jam-hub mixer
- DJ station
- LP converter.
Please contact Marsden Library on 3412 4180 for further information or to book the studio.
- Free Internet, Office software and CD-ROM access.
- Access to genealogy resources.
- Scanner available at each branch.
- Black and white and colour printing facilities.
- Bookings are essential and can be made through library staff or online.
- Training sessions on basic internet searching, email and basic computer instructions are available (bookings are essential).
- Return chutes are found inside all the libraries.
- After-hours returns are located outside each library.
- Ideal environment for study or relaxing reading.
- Bookings may be required. Check with your local library.
- Small study carrels are also available at all libraries.
|Young adult section
- Magazines, fiction and non-fiction material suitable for teenagers.
- Study desks and comfortable couches.
- Access to WiFi is available free of charge at all branches to library members as per our Terms and Conditions.
- Vehicle maintenance manuals available for use within the library.