Leasing is about assisting, encouraging and developing partnerships through the provision of tenure for land and facilities to not-for-profit sport, recreation and community organisations.
These tools aim to guide and assist you in managing your lease or registering your interest in leasing a Council facility.
For more information about leasing, contact the Sport and Recreation team on 3412 3412.
Annual lessee forum
The Annual Community and Sport and Recration Lessee Forums were held on Tuesday 19 July 2016.
A copy of the 2016 Annual Lessee Forum presentations are available for download.
For further information regarding the Forum please contact your Sport and Recreation Team on 3412 3412.
- Community Lessee Forum - Leasing/Sport & Recreation Presentation (PDF 2619 KB)
- Community Lessee Forum - Community Services Branch Presentation (PDF 3537 KB)
- Community Lessee Forum - Libraries What's On (PDF 2812 KB)
- Sport & Recreation Forum - Leasing/Sport & Recreation Presentation (PDF 5571 KB)
- Sport & Recreation Forum - City of Logan Sports Awards (PDF 220 KB)
- Office of Fair Trade - Legal Obligations of Financial Reporting (PDF 252 KB)
- Office of Liquor & Gaming Regulations - Legal Obligations of Serving Alcohol (PDF 4508 KB)
- Environment and Sustainability - Requirements when Operating Canteen/Kitchen (PDF 1441 KB)
Renewal of lease or license
Organisations seeking to renew their lease agreement with Council must complete an application form and provide the required paperwork.
Please complete the Application to Renew Lease of a Council Facility (PDF 2855 KB) form prior to your lease expiry date.
For further information, please refer to Council's Guide to Sport, Recreation and Community Leasing in Logan City (PDF 172 KB).
Council has facilities that can be leased to not-for-profit organisations for the purpose of delivering a range of activities and programs across Logan.
To be eligible to obtain a lease or license for a Council facility, your organisation must:
- be an incorporated association or equivalent
- be a not-for-profit community based organisation
- maintain $20 million public liability insurance
- be able to show how it would meet the financial obligations of a lease or license
Register of Interested Organisations
Council regularly receives requests from sport, recreation and community organisations for assistance in allocation of facilities. Given the high demand for a lease of Council facilities, Council's Sport, Leisure & Facilities Branch maintains a Register of Interested Organisations.
Inclusion on the Register of Interested Organisations means that your organisation will receive notification as and when Council facilities become available for lease.
To be placed on Council's Register of Interested Organisations, please register your Expression of Interest by completing an application form (PDF 3158 KB) or contacting Council on 3412 3412.
For further information, please refer to Council's Guide to Sport, Recreation and Community Leasing in Logan City (PDF 435 KB).
Expressions of interest
As Council facilities become available, Council's Sport, Leisure & Facilities Branch undertakes an Expression of Interest (EOI) process which is used to invite, identify and appoint suitable lessees to Council facilities.
There are currently no Expressions of Interest available.
Leasing fact sheets
Please see below for a list of quick links to fact sheets covering a variety of areas relating to sport, recreation and community leasing in Logan.
- Sport and Recreation Funding
- A Guide to Sport, Recreation and Community Leasing in the City of Logan (PDF 172 KB)
- Fact Sheet - Incorporated Associations - Changing your Name (PDF 62 KB)
- Fact Sheet - Price Harmonisation (PDF 93 KB)
- Register of Interested Organisations Application Form (PDF 3158 KB)
- Managing Your Sports Turf (PDF 1290 KB)
- Licence or Lease of Council Owned or Controlled Land to Sporting Recreational and Community Organisations policy (PDF 163 KB)
- Remissions to Sporting Recreational and Community Organisations policy (PDF 133 KB)
- Fact Sheet - Election Signs (PDF 463 KB)
- Fact Sheet - Liquor Licence (PDF 459 KB)
- The Funding Centre - "Australia's best grants and fundraising hub" - http://www.fundingcentre.com.au
Organisations wanting to Sub-Lease to a third party must obtain prior written consent from Council.
Please complete the Application for consent to Sub-Lease (PDF 3240 KB) form before entering into any agreement with a third party.
Please allow a minimum of 20 days business days for Council to review your application.