Holding an event in a park
We are continuing to manage the impacts of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. Our top priority is the health and safety of our community, customers and staff.
For the latest information on our response, please see COVID-19.
Many of our parks can be booked for events such as weddings, parties, sporting activities and personal training.
If you are interested in holding an event within a park, please complete the Notify us of your event form and return it to us for consideration and review.
Our permission does not give you exclusive use of the park, but we will discourage others from organising an event that would clash with yours. Your cooperation in sharing the park and its facilities with others is appreciated.
Once we have received your Application Form, we will send you more information including a Risk Assessment Template.
After we receive all the information about your planned event, we will assess your application and risk assessment and let you know about our decision within approximately 21 business days.
Conditions that apply once your event has been approved
- You must comply with all State and Federal recommendations relating to the current COVID-19 protocols.
- You must not use confetti or rice in the park. You can use flower petals. Please make sure that any petals you use are cleared from pathways after the event.
- The permit for the event does not give you exclusive use of the park. You may have to share the park and its facilities with others. We will do our best to stop others from organising an event at the same time in the same park.
- Please leave the park clean and tidy after the event and put your rubbish in the bins provided. You will need to take away any excess rubbish that does not fit in the bins provided.
- You can use signs or decorations if they are free-standing or taped to the trees or park furniture. You must not use nails, staples or similar fasteners to attach decorations or signs. Please remove all signs and decorations at the end of the event.
- We do not allow election signs in any of our parks.
- Equipment that creates loud noise is not allowed in the park. You may use a portable music player or speaker powered by batteries.
- If you would like to prepare or sell food at the event, please call us on 07 3412 3412 as special conditions will apply.
- You need a permit for a jumping castle or other amusement equipment. We can cancel a permit in poor weather conditions.
- If you need power for the equipment, you can use a generator. Power is not usually available for this type of use.
- You will need a registration certificate for any amusement equipment. You can get this from The Office of Fair and Safe Work Queensland, Department of Justice and Attorney General. For more information, please contact them on 1300 362 128 or visit the Worksafe website.
You may need a vehicle permit if you take your vehicle into a park for your event.
If we issue you with a vehicle permit, please abide by all conditions listed on it.
- We may deny access to the park or require you to pay a bond to ensure vehicles do not damage the park.
- Vehicles must not remain on the grass area.
- Any access gates must be immediately locked after entry or exit to ensure other people do not gain unauthorised entry into the park.
- Our park rangers can cancel the vehicle access at any time if the weather conditions are poor.
- We will meet you at the park to discuss the requirements of your event. You must follow the site map we provide.
Public liability Insurance
If you plan to hold personal training sessions or a community event, you will need to have public liability insurance to the value of $20 million.