If you receive a letter telling you that your vehicle has been impounded, you must claim your vehicle within one month of the letter being sent. If you do not claim your vehicle, it may be sold at auction or disposed of.
To claim a vehicle, please download and fill in the Application for release of impounded goods (PDF 161 KB).
You must lodge your application at the Council Administration Centre and include:
- payment of the release fee
- satisfactory evidence that you own the vehicle, like:
- personal identification
- registration papers
- motor dealer documents
- a statutory declaration
- an authority to act on behalf of the owner – if you are claiming the vehicle on behalf of someone else
- satisfactory evidence of the right to possession – if you are claiming a right to possession of the vehicle.
If a vehicle is not successfully claimed within one month of us sending an advice notice, the vehicle will be disposed of in line with Local Law No. 2 (Administration) 2010.
Release of Impounded vehicles
- A vehicle may be re-claimed by the owner within one month from the date of this notice upon;
- Completion of an Application for the Release of Impounded Goods form; and
- Payment of the prescribed release fee per vehicle ($320.00 for 2021 / 2022); and
- Provision of sufficient evidence to satisfy Council of the person's right of ownership or possession of the vehicle; (e.g. personal identification drivers licence, registration papers, motor dealer documents, a statutory declaration)
- A person acting on behalf of the owner must satisfy Council of their right to possession and authority to act on behalf of the owner.
- All applications for the release of impounded vehicles must be lodged at the Logan Central Administration centre. For more information, please call us on 07 3412 3412.
- If a successful claim is not made for the return of a vehicle within one month of the date of this notice then the property in the vehicle vests in the local government and the local government may dispose the vehicle in accordance with section 42(5) (Disposal of Vehicle) of Logan City Council's Local Law No. 2 (Administration) 2010.
Note: For safety reasons, an owner seeking the release of an unregistered vehicle must arrange for a licensed tow truck (tray back) to transport the vehicle from Council's impounded vehicle holding yard.
List of impounded vehicles as at 26 November 2021:
|Date impounded||Vehicle description||Registration||Address impounded||CSIGR number|
|10 October 2019||White Subaru Liberty sedan||475YQF||Bardon Road, Logan Central||10342|
|28 November 2020||Silver Holden Cruze sedan||688SWL||Spanns Road, Beenleigh||11805|
|15 April 2021||Black Dodge Nitro wagon||732ZCQ||Stevens Court Crestmead||11925|
|8 June 2021||Silver Mitsubishi Lancer sedan||603ZQZ||Jacaranda Avenue, Logan Central||12091|
|10 June 2021||Black Holden Captiva wagon||587SLN||Ellerslie Road, Meadowbrook||12093|
|6 July 2021||Black BMW 320i||036AY3||Mayes Avenue, Logan Central||12117|
|9 July 2021||Gold Subaru Impreza hatchback||033XZP||Fleet Street, Browns Plains||12118|
|12 July 2021||Blue Holden Rodeo utility||ROOFHUB||Felice Court, Daisy Hill||12119|
|15 July 2021||Silver Ford Falcon sedan||ATM77A (NSW)||Dampier Avenue, Eagleby||12122|
|22 July 2021||Red Honda CRV wagon||877IAX||Willow Street, Woodridge||12135|
|26 July 2021||Gold Holden Commodore sedan||473YNY||Macaranga Street, Marsden||12141|
|28 July 2021||Red Holden Barina hatchback||676WXK||Fleet Street, Browns Plains||12146|
|30 July 2021||Black Toyota Camry sedan||Unknown||Palara Street, Rochedale South||12149|
|26 August 2021||Grey Boat Trailer unknown make and model with blue and white Boat||EP7098||Catherine Street, Beenleigh||12164|
|1 September 2021||Gold Nissan Tiida sedan||307BO4||Smallwood Street, Underwood||12168|
|9 September 2021||White Kia Rio sedan||560VDI||Davison Court, Marsden||12174|
|13 September 2021||Silver Toyota Camry sedan||563AM9||Manila Street, Beenleigh||12175|
|21 September 2021||Red Holden Commodore Sedan||110IEO||Beaudesert Beenleigh Road, Mundoolun||12192|
|21 September 2021||Black Mazda RX8 sedan||813ZEU||Joyal Street, Logan Central||12194|
|29 September 2021||Blue Suzuki Swift hatchback||211VVT||Herbert Street, Slacks Creek||12199|
|29 September 2021||Suzuki Swift, burnout||Unknown||Meakin Road, Meadowbrook||12204|
|7 October 2021||Light Blude Mazda 2 hatchback||444KUB||Rochedale Road, Rochedale South||12210|
|11 October 2021||White Mitsubishi Lancer Station wagon||128XSY||Fryer Road, Eagleby||12211|
|11 October 2021||White Holden Epica sedan||526AQ5||Fryer Road, Eagleby||12212|
|19 October 2021||Grey Boat Trailer unknown make||Unknown||Brett Street, Browns Plains||12215|
|20 October 2021||Black Mazda 3 sedan||547YSZ||Pepper Tree Drive, Holmview||12217|
|20 October 2021||Silver Toyota Camry sedan||656TLB||Diltar Street, Loganlea||12220|
|25 October 2021||White Ford Falcon sedan||Unknown||Calder Court, Crestmead||12221|
|26 October 2021||Dark Grey Renault Migane sedan||343CG8||Vitko Street, Woodridge||12222|
|27 October 2021||Dark Green Ford Laser sedan||206GTQ||Achilles Drive, Springwood||12223|
|27 October 2021||Dark Grey Holden Cruze sedan||197AY8||Herbert Street, Slacks Creek||12224|
|28 October 2021||White Renault Master van||678AU3||Orchid Street, Woodridge||12228|
|11 November 2021||Blue Ford Focus hatchback||792KHV||Silkwood Circuit, Park Ridge||12243|
|23 November 2021||White Ford Focus hatchback||562TVK||Vineyard Drive, Greenbank||12251|
|25 November 2021||White Toyota Camry sedan||YHW372||Achilles Drive, Springwood||12252|
Impounded vehicle auction
The last impounded vehicle auction was held on 18 August 2021.
As soon as a new date for the next auction has been set, we will update the information on this page.
Purchasers must make arrangements to legally tow or transport vehicles from Council’s Depot. For safety reasons, the buyer of an unregistered vehicle(s) must arrange for a licensed tow truck (tray back) to transport the vehicle from Council's impounded vehicle holding yard. The use of car trailers is not permitted.
Council reserves the right to withdraw any vehicle from an advertised auction without prior notice.
Enclosed footwear must be worn. Children must be supervised by an adult. Animals, smoking and alcohol are not permitted in Depot grounds. Access is via Plantation Rd and on-street parking is required.
This auction is in accordance with Council's Local Law No. 2 (Administration) 2010.
For more information please call us on 07 3412 3412 or email us at email@example.com.