Local Laws Under Review
View information about local laws that are currently under review below.
Miscellaneous Amendments to Local Laws
Council is currently reviewing several local laws relating to public health matters to reduce red tape, improve regulatory outcomes and to make various administrative amendments.
Council's solicitors have reviewed the proposed new local law and have identified that a Public Interest Test is required as some of the proposed local law amendments contain anti-competitive provisions.
The proposed amendments are available for community feedback from 23 October - COB 16 November 2018. The following local laws are available for comment during this time:
- Amending Local Law No. 1 (Miscellaneous Local Laws) 2019 (PDF 63 KB)
- Amending Subordinate Local Law No. 1 (Miscellaneous Subordinate Local Laws) 2019 (PDF 74 KB)
- Public Interest Test Plan Amending Subordinate Local Law No. 1 (Miscellaneous Subordinate Local Laws) 2018 (PDF 86 KB)
These legislative instruments amend the following local laws, please click on them to view a marked up copy of the amendments made:
- Local Law No. 9 (Licensing) 1999 (PDF 166 KB)
- Local Law No. 10 (Public Health) 1999 (PDF 182 KB)
- Local Law No. 12 (Council Property and Other Public Places) 2003 (PDF 193 KB)
- Subordinate Local Law No. 9.3 (Itinerant Vending) 1999 (PDF 78 KB)
- Subordinate Local Law No. 9.8 (Events) 1999 (PDF 185 KB)
- Subordinate Local Law No. 9.10 (Accommodation Premises) 1999 (PDF 145 KB)
- Subordinate Local Law No. 9.17 (Relocatable Home Parks) 1999 (PDF 156 KB)
- Subordinate Local Law No. 10.1 (Public Health) 1999 (PDF 291 KB)
- Subordinate Local Law No. 12.1 (Business on Public Places Other Than Council Facilities and Community Facilities) 2003 (PDF 126 KB)
Please note that consultation is on the amendments only, and as such only feedback made on the proposed amendments will be considered as valid submissions.
You can make a submission on the proposed new local law in the following ways: