Inside Page Baner


Who should I contact regarding noise complaints?

Contacts regarding noise complaints
Noise sourceAuthorityPhone
Amplified sound (radios, alarms, instruments), parties, rowdy premises, vehicles on and off the road (not applicable to licensed premises)Police Station Contacts:
Logan Central

07 3801 0777
07 3826 1888
07 5547 9888
Hotels and nightclubsOffice of Liquor and Gaming Regulation (OLGR) 
AircraftAir Services Australia1300 302 240
Motor vehicle workshops, concrete batching, cabinet makers, sheet metal fabricators, service stations, poultry farmsLogan City Council07 3412 5318
Pool filters, power tools (residential areas only)Logan City Council07 3412 5318
Barking dogsLogan City Council07 3412 5318
Home occupations (frequent repairs of vehicles, building of furniture, etc.)Logan City Council07 3412 5318
Truck parking in residential areasLogan City Council07 3412 5318
Residential construction sites1 house - Logan City Council07 3412 5318
 Subdivision - Logan City Council07 3412 5318
Large building sites, commercial premises, industrial premisesLogan City Council07 3412 5318
Greenbank Military Camp  Department of Defenceswitchboard 1300 333 362

As provided in Logan City Council's Local Law No. 10 (Public Health) 1999, a person who causes a nuisance commits an offence.

Residential noise

A residential noise nuisance occurs if it can be heard by an authorised person (a council officer) from an affected building between the following hours for each type of noise.

Building work:

  • Monday - Saturday: before 6.30 am or after 6.30 pm.
  • Sunday/Public Holiday: anytime.

Regulated devices (e.g. leaf blowers, grass cutter, generator, compressor, power tool):

  • Monday - Saturday: before 7 am or after 7 pm
  • Sunday/Public Holiday: before 8 am or after 7 pm

Spa blowers/pool pumps:

  • Monday - Sunday: before 7 am or after 10 pm

Airconditioning equipment:

  • Monday - Sunday: before 7 am or after 10 pm

Refrigeration equipment:

  • Monday - Sunday: before 7 am or after 10 pm

Power boat engines:

  • Monday - Saturday: before 7 am or after 7 pm
  • Sunday/Public Holidays: before 8 am or after 6.30 pm

Refer to the following fact sheets for more information:


A residential noise means noise from:

  • carrying out building works for residential premises; or
  • the operation of an air-cooling/heating device, domestic cleaning equipment, a power tool, a domestic pool pump, a plant-cutting device or power boat engine.

An affected building means:

  • a building at which the noise can be heard; and
  • if the noise is made from a building, includes that building.


Any person who causes a residential noise nuisance may receive an infringement notice from Council with an on-the-spot fine of $133 (1 penalty unit) for a first offence increasing to $399 (3 penalty units) for a second offence and then $665 (5 penalty units) for a third offence. Alternatively, Council may issue the person with a compliance notice or a stop order. Any person who fails to comply with the requirements of a compliance notice or stop order is liable to a maximum penalty of $6,650 (50 penalty units) or $26,660 (200 penalty units) respectively.

For further information on noise nuisance, please contact Council on 07 3412 5318.