Live Well Logan Feedback Survey and Monthly Prize Draw Competition Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions. Entry into this competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
WHO CAN ENTER
- Subject to clause 4 and 5, entry is open to all residents of Australia, as of the date of entry, who have fulfilled the requirements set out below.
- Employees, and their immediate families, of the Promoter, Logan City Council and associated agencies and companies can enter the online feedback survey, and are eligible to receive a prize. The Promoter is Logan City Council (ABN 21 627 796 435) of 150 Wembley Road Logan Central QLD 4114 (‘Promoter’).
- Any entrant who is under the age of 18, as of the date of entry, must obtain the prior permission of their legal parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter. The parent or guardian may be contacted to verify their consent and may be required to sign a release at the discretion of the Promoter. The release may also require the entrant’s parent or guardian to accept responsibility for the acts and forbearances of the entrant. The release must be completed with the full name, address and telephone number of the entrant’s parent or guardian. Failure to provide such proof, particulars or releases will immediately invalidate the entrant’s entitlement to any prize, subject to State and Territory legislation.
HOW TO ENTER
Entrants may enter this Live Well Logan monthly random prize draw by:
- Participating: Participate personally, or have a dependant who has participated in a Live Well Logan activity between 1 August and 13 December 2020
- Entering: Enter the draw by completing the online feedback survey. To be eligible for the monthly prize draw a valid email must be provided along with an optional telephone number. Participants may submit an entry for each Live Well Logan activity undertaken.
- Claiming: Claim your Live Well Logan prize pack if you are successful in the random monthly draw. Winners will be notified via email in the first instance.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
- The online feedback survey will be open from 00.01 AEST Saturday 1 August until 23.59 AEST on Sunday 13 December 2020.
ONLINE FEEDBACK SURVEY GUIDELINES
- Multiple entries to this competition are permitted, provided that each entry complies with these Terms and Conditions.
- By entering the online feedback survey, entrants agree and understand that Logan City Council is collecting your age, gender, email address and phone number in order to facilitate entry in the Live Well Logan monthly prize draw, to make contact if successful in receiving a reward pack and to add you to a database to receive our monthly Active and Healthy e-newsletter. The information will only be accessed by employees and/or Councillors of Logan City Council and the Service Providers contracted to conduct activities as part of the Live Well Logan program. Your information will not be given to any other person or agency, unless you have given us permission to do so or we are required/authorised by law.
- By submitting an entry into the online feedback survey, the participant or their parent/carer has understood the terms and conditions of entry.
SELECTION OF WINNERS
- All eligible applicants will be entered into a random monthly prize draw.
- Winners of the online feedback survey will be chosen at random by a Council representative on the last business day of every month.
- The Promoter may select additional entries to be used as replacements in the event that the first entrant chosen as a winner cannot satisfy these Terms and Conditions or take a prize.
- The random draw prize winner, will be notified by email in the first instance using the details provided on question 13 of the online feedback survey.
- Prize winners of the monthly draw must collect their Live Well Logan prize pack from a Logan Customer Service Centre within 90 days of notification, unless otherwise agreed. Under no circumstances will prize packs be posted to a residential address.
PRIZES ON OFFER
- Live Well Logan prize pack up to the value of $50.
- If the Promoter is unable to make contact with the winner within 30 days to claim fulfilment of the prize, that winner will forfeit the prize in its entirety and it shall be awarded to the next runner up. The Promoter will not be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted and therefore forfeits their prize and no correspondence will be entered into.
FURTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions if this competition cannot be run as originally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend this online feedback survey if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
- The winner must have participated in a current Live Well Logan activity and may be required to sign a statutory declaration regarding the validity of the entry. Without limiting the generality, the Promoter reserves the right to take legal action against anyone found to have breached this term. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation are reserved.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize collection address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
- The random selection is final and binding on each person who enters. Chance plays the only part in determining any winner. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late or incorrect entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this competition will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
COPYRIGHT, STATUTORY GUARANTEES, WAIVER AND LIABILITY
- All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received. Logan City Council collects entrants’ personal information for the purpose of conducting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winners). We do not sell personal information to other organisations. We may disclose personal information to essential service providers connected to this competition including prize suppliers purely for the purposes of prize fulfilment for any winners. You may request access to your personal information by contacting Councils Right to Information and Privacy department via email at email@example.com or by post to Logan City Council, PO Box 3226, Logan Central QLD 4114
- By participating in the online feedback survey and competition, winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners agree to grant the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia ("Non-Excludable Guarantees"). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way from entry into the online feedback survey including but not limited to:
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry or prize claim that is late incorrect (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
- any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or
- use of a prize.
- Participation into the online feedback survey is therefore at the participants risk with liability waived against the Promoter and its officer, employees, contractors and agents for any injury, illness, death or adverse changes in state of health (whether permanent or temporary), arising directly or indirectly from use of facilities or other services provided, whether supervised or not by Logan City Council staff.