Local Law register and fact sheets
Local councils can make laws to deal with issues in their local government area. We make these laws in line with the Local Government Act 2009.
Local Law register
For a list of our local laws, please download our Local Law Register (PDF 14 KB).
To access copies of the following Local laws please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Local Law No. 2 (Administration) 2010
- Subordinate Local Law No. 4.1 (Animal Management) 2002
- Local Law No. 5 (Parks, Jetties and Boat Ramps) 2011
- Local Law No. 7 (Parking) 2003
- Local Law No. 8 (Waste Management) 2018
- Subordinate Local Law No. 8.1 (Waste Management) 2018
- Local Law No. 9 (Licensing) 1999
- Subordinate Local Law No. 9.3 (Itinerant Vending) 1999
- Subordinate Local Law No. 9.8 (Events) 1999
- Subordinate Local Law No. 9.10 (Accommodation Premises) 1999
- Subordinate Local Law No. 9.17 (Relocatable Home Parks) 1999
- Local Law No. 10 (Public Health) 1999
- Subordinate Local Law 10.1 (Public Health) 1999
- Local Law No. 12 (Council Property and Other Public Places) 2003
- Subordinate Local Law No. 12.1 (Business on Public Places other than Council Facilities and Community Facilities) 2003
To access all other Local laws, please visit the Department of Local Government, Racing and Multicultural Affairs website.
Local laws fact sheets
The following fact sheets provide information about some of our local laws.
- Beenleigh Town Square non-smoking information (PDF 3.39 MB)
- Chimney smoke (PDF 276 KB)
- Election signs fact sheet (PDF 280 KB)
- Erosion and sediment control on residential building sites (PDF 2.40 MB)
- Heavy Vehicle Parking on Roads (PDF 3.86 MB)
- Heavy vehicle parking on residential premises factsheet (PDF 1.95 MB)
- Illegal dumping (PDF 615 KB)
- Litter (PDF 648 KB)
- Shopping trolleys on public places (PDF 161 KB)
- Temporary sign standards (PDF 100 KB)
- Temporary signs and advertisements on public places (PDF 197 KB)
- Wheelie bin fact sheet (PDF 241 KB)