Logan: City of Choice
The City of Choice Leadership Team aims to promote Logan City and influence government, business and philanthropic stakeholders beyond the normal scope of local government.
City of Choice 2017 – 2019
The newly appointed City of Choice Leadership Team met for the first time on 23 March 2018 and identified three priorities:
- Social housing and precinct renewal
- Employment pathways
- Holistic support for people with addiction issues
- Cultural diversity.
The team is working on responses to these priorities and organising workshops and discussion groups.
The City of Choice Leadership Team includes representatives from:
- the Australian Government
- the Queensland Government
- Logan City Council
- a range of sector experts.
City of Choice 2013 – 2016
Logan: City of Choice was launched with the Logan: City of Choice Summit in February 2013. More than 1,000 people attended the summit including:
- community members
- business and non-government sector members
- Council representatives
- Queensland and Australian Government representatives.
From the summit, we developed the City of Choice Two-Year Action Plan 2013–2015 (PDF 5348 KB).
The Action Plan was formally endorsed by Logan City Council in December 2013. It outlined actions across these key themes:
- social infrastructure (including youth)
- communication and community involvement
For achievements from the first phase see City of Choice key documents.