We offer discounted microchipping services to all Logan pet owners. All cats and dogs born after 1 July 2009 must have a microchip.
The great thing about a microchip, unlike a collar or tag, is that it can't get lost! The procedure is quick and almost painless for your pet. It takes longer for you to fill out the paperwork than for the microchip to be implanted!
Our trained staff will implant your pets microchip for only $20 at the Animal Management Centre (by appointment).
If you think your pet is already microchipped but can't find the details, we can check for a microchip. Bring your pet to the Animal Management Centre and we’ll record the microchip number for you. Microchips are usually located between your pets shoulder blades, but sometimes they can move a little. If we can’t find one, you will need to have your pet microchipped.
Microchipping does not replace your pets registration with us.
To change your pets microchip details, please visit the Pet Address website. You will need to have your pets 15 digit microchip number. The site can tell you who your pets microchip is registered with and you can then contact them directly to update any details.
To save time when you bring your pet in for microchipping, download and fill in the Microchip registration form (PDF 527 KB).
Please contact us to make an appointment.
Terms and conditions for microchipping
- Cats and dogs can be microchipped from 8 weeks old.
- We may ask for proof of your animals age.
- You must be over 18.
- If you’re a Logan resident, you will need proof of your address.
- Please do not bring animals that are sick, injured, nursing or recently operated on. Please do not bring animals with skin conditions.
- Our staff who complete the microchip implants are not able to give veterinary consultations.
- Owners must be responsible for their animals at all times. Please make sure your dogs are kept on a leash and under effective control. Please contain your cats in a suitable carrier.
- Owners are responsible for picking up after their animals.