We offer discounted microchipping services at various locations across the city. All cats and dogs born after 1 July 2009 must have a microchip.
The great thing about a microchip, unlike a collar or tag, is that it can't get lost! The procedure is quick and almost painless for your pet. It takes longer for you to fill out the paperwork than for the microchip to be implanted!
Our trained staff will implant your pets microchip for only $20.
If you think your pet is already microchipped but can't find the details, we can check for a microchip. Bring your pet to any of our events listed below and we’ll record the microchip number for you. Microchips are usually located at the back of your pets head in their neck region. Sometimes microchips can move a little. But if we can’t find a microchip, it means your pet isn't microchipped.
Microchipping does not replace your pets registration with us.
To save time when you bring your pet in for microchipping, download and fill in the Microchip registration form (PDF 527 KB).
So, where can you find us? Please see our list of locations below
Event dates and locations
|2 May 2020 - postponed||New date to be advised||Eagle Tavern, 166 Fryar Road, Eagleby|
|23 May 2020 - postponed||New date to be advised||Brookhaven Sales Centre (oval), 33 Menora Road, Bahrs Scrub|
|1 August 2020||7.30 am - 9 am||Dan Murphy's Springwood (car park), 43 Springwood Road, Springwood|
|1 August 2020||9.30 am - 11 am||1 Station Road (car park), intersection of Wembley, Ewing & Station Roads, Logan Central|
|12 September 2020||7.30 am - 9 am||Greenbank RSL (car park opposite), Anzac Avenue, Hillcrest|
|12 September 2020||9.30 am - 11.30 am||The Pet Place, Logan River Road, Beenleigh|
|31 October 2020||7.30 am - 9 am||The Kensington Tavern (car park), 25 Julie Street, Crestmead|
|31 October 2020||10 am - 11.30 am||Greenbank State School (car park), 24-36 Goodna Road, Greenbank|
Terms and conditions for microchipping
- Cats and dogs can be microchipped from 12 weeks old.
- We may ask for proof of your animals age.
- You can bring in a maximum of four animals.
- You must be over 18.
- If you’re a Logan residents, you will need proof of your address.
- Please do not bring animals that are sick, injured, nursing or recently operated on. Please do not bring animals with skin conditions.
- Our staff who complete the microchip implants are not able to give veterinary consultations.
- In the weather is wet or inclement, we may cancel the microchipping event. Please check our Facebook page before attending.
- Owners must be responsible for their animals at all times. Please make sure your dogs are kept on a leash and under effective control. Please contain your cats in a suitable carrier.
- Owners are responsible for picking up after their animals.