Popular Woodridge park gets a new look
One of Woodridge’s favourite places to play has had a major makeover.
Logan City Council has completed construction of a new playground and toilet block at Ewing Park.
New features include:
- An adventure playground with bird nest swing, slides, rope bridge and challenging climbing elements with a sand soft fall surround
- A covered veranda for the toilet facility, two user-friendly ambulant booths and one unisex accessible booth
- New connecting paths, three new double shelters with picnic tables and seating
- A drinking fountain with a dog bowl
- Four new wheelchair friendly park benches
- Garden beds with plants and trees
Logan City Council Division 2 Councillor Teresa Lane said Ewing Park and Woodridge Adventure Park are the recreational and sporting hub of Woodridge.
“Ewing Park is always a hive of activity with children playing at the netball courts or people walking their dog or using the gym equipment,” Cr Lane said.
“The old facilities served the community well but it’s important that we modernise our public spaces to give people the facilities they need.
“The new play equipment in particular has been well received which is great to see. I encourage everyone to come down and see the changes that have been made.”