Online rate notices
Registering for our rates portal is a quick and convenient way to access your rate notice online and choose to receive your rates by email.
To get started, visit the portal. You will need a copy of your rate notice with you when you register.
There are two steps to registering:
Step 1: Fill in the online form. Make sure you enter the ratepayer name or names exactly as it appears on the ‘first line’ of your rates notice.
Step 2: Check your inbox for the activation email. Open the email and click the activate button. The activate button lasts for 24 hours.
That’s it! You will now be able to log in to view your rates information.
The portal gives you the ability to:
- select the rate notice delivery method for each property you own
- add multiple properties you own to the same online account
- download your past rate notices
- compare water usage and rate notice charges
- securely make payments to your rates account
- view payments made in the last three months
- see your current balance (if you choose to receive your notice by email).
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
What name do I use to register?
To register, you must enter exactly what appears as the first line of your rate notice (located between the barcode and mailing address).
If your ratepayer name or names are across more than one line, only enter exactly what appears as the first line.
Where do I find my assessment number?
The assessment number is the eight digit number located in the top right-hand corner of your rate notice. When you register, please enter the assessment number with no spaces (e.g. 12345678).
Can I still have my rate notice sent by post as well as email?
No, we only issue one rate notice per quarter, per property. Once you choose to receive your rates by email, we will not send a notice by post. You can change your delivery method any time.
What happens if I am also registered for BPay View?
You will need to deregister yourself from BPay View to make sure that your chosen delivery method is used. If you are registered for email and BPay View at the same time, you will only receive the email.
If I have just bought a property, when can I register to receive my rates notices by email?
You will be able to register after you receive your first rate notice. We send rate notices in January, April, July and October each year.
If I own multiple properties, do I need a different account for each property?
No, you can register once using one of your properties’ details. You can add more properties that you own to the account. If you have any problems, please call us on 07 3412 5230 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once I register, will I get the current rate notice emailed to me?
After you register, we will send your next rate notice by email. We will not re-send any notices that have already been mailed to you. You can download previous rate notices dating back to July 2017.
What do the delivery methods mean?
- To you by email – we will email the rate notice as a PDF attachment each quarter.
- To registered address by post – we will send the rate notice by post each quarter to the mailing address we have on file.
- View notices online only – this will not change the delivery method. It is just a way to view the notices online. We will use the delivery method previously chosen or what the owner or authorised party has asked for.
Can more than one person register the same property?
Multiple people can register for the same property, but only one registration is able to select a delivery method of post or email. Any other registrations will be able to select to view the notice.
What if my rates notice is going to my spam or junk mail folder?
Spam and junk mail folder settings are managed within your email account. In many cases, you should be able to find the email in your spam or junk folder, right click on the email and manage the spam or junk options.