Our pet registration period is from 1 September to 31 August each year. Renewal notices are issued in August each year.
Please do not pay your pet’s registration renewal before you have received your notice. You can renew your pet's registration online.
How to register your cat or dog
All cats and dogs over the age of 12 weeks must be registered.
To register your cat or dog, you will need to provide:
- your animal’s microchip number
- proof of de-sexing (if applicable)
- your Pension Concession Card or Department of Veterans Affairs Card (if applicable)
- your current membership card from a cat or dog association (if applicable).
You can register a new pet in the following ways:
- download and fill in the Animal registration form (PDF 970 KB) and return it to us
- visit the Animal Management Centre or one of our customer service centres (if your pet is desexed you will need to bring the desexing certificate with you).
For more information about dog registration, please visit Queensland Government – Animal Management (Cats and Dogs) Act 2008.
For more information about cat registration, please visit the Subordinate Local Law No. 4.1 (Animal Management) 2002 (PDF 236 KB).
Animal registration fees 2021 / 2022
|De-sexed cat or dog||$36.00|
|Entire cat or dog||$155.00|
|Entire kitten or puppy (under 12 months of age) Discounted fees only apply for the first registration period.||$36.00|
|De-sexed cat or dog – pensioner||$31.00|
|Entire cat or dog – pensioner||$112.50|
|De-sexed dog – Member of recognised association||$36.00|
|Entire dog – Member of recognised association||$68.00|
|De-sexed cat – Member of recognised association||$36.00|
|Entire cat – Member of recognised association||$68.00|
|Regulated menacing dog – de-sexed||$299.00|
|Regulated dangerous dog – de-sexed||$598.00|
|Regulated menacing dog – entire||$598.00|
Pro rata registration fees 2021 / 2022
Pro-rata fees only apply when you register a new animal between 1 March and 31 August each year.
If your animal was living on your property before 1 March, you will need to pay the full registration fee – the pro-rata fee will not apply.
Half year (50%)
Quarter year (25%)
|De-sexed cat or dog
(including entire puppy or kitten under 12 months)
|Entire cat or dog||$77.50||$39.00|
|De-sexed cat or dog – pensioner
(including entire puppy or kitten under 12 months)
|Entire cat or dog – pensioner||$56.50||$29.00|
Government entity dog
A government entity dog (Police, Corrective Services, Customs or drug detection dogs) is exempt from registration and microchipping. We do not require an animal registration form for these dogs.
Discounted animal registration fees (pensioners and animal association membership)
You can receive a discount on your animal registration if:
- your cat or dog is de-sexed
- you are a current financial member of:
- Dogs Queensland (formerly Canine Control Council of Queensland)
- Queensland Racing Integrity Commission (greyhounds) – This applies to active racing animals only. For more information please visit the Queensland Racing Integrity Commission website
- Queensland Feline Association Inc.
- Feline Control Council of Queensland Inc.
- Queensland Independent Cat Council Inc.
- Council of Federated Cat Clubs of Queensland
- Australian National Cats Inc.
- you have a current Queensland Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card or Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card (we accept Centrelink Pension Concession cards and Department of Veteran Affairs Gold Cards only). To see a copy of eligible cards, please visit Department of Human Services - Pensioner Concession Card and / or Department of Veterans Affairs - Gold cards).
Animal registration renewals
Our registration period is from 1 September to 31 August each year. You will receive a renewal in August each year. We only offer yearly renewals.
You can pay your animal registration renewal in the following ways:
Update your animal registration details
If you move address or change your phone numbers, it is important to let us know.
Correct contact details could help us reunite you with your animal if it’s lost.
To update your contact details, please call us on 07 3412 3412 or email us at email@example.com.
Transfer of animal ownership and registration
If you have recently moved to Logan, you will need to register your animal with us.
If your animal is registered with another council in Queensland, you can apply for a reciprocal registration. This means we can register your animal without a fee until the end of our registration period.
To register for reciprocal registration, please download and fill in the Animal registration form (PDF 970 KB) and return it to us. You will need to give us evidence of your animal's registration with another council (e.g. registration paperwork).
To transfer animal ownership and registration, please download and fill in the Application for transfer of ownership for animal registration (PDF 224 KB) and return to us.
To transfer your registration from one animal to another animal, please download and fill in the Application for transfer of registration between cats and dogs (PDF 219 KB) and return to us.
Lifetime registration tags
When you register your cat or dog for the first time, you will receive a lifetime registration tag.
Please clip the registration tag to your cat or dog's collar.
The registration tag will helps us identify your animal if it gets lost.
For a replacement lifetime registration tag, please:
Animal registration refund
Animal registration refunds are available for animals that:
- are deceased
- have moved to another council area
- have been de-sexed.
If your animal has been de-sexed, you can apply for a refund of up to 80% of the entire registration fee paid. You must give us proof of de-sexing.
Please note that no refunds apply for pro-rata registration payments.
To apply for a refund, please download and fill in the Application for animal registration refund (PDF 322 KB) and return it to us.