Chambers Flat Road Upgrade - Mount Lindesay Highway to Kings Way
Logan City Council is planning to upgrade a 3.8-kilometre section of Chambers Flat Road from Mount Lindesay Highway, Munruben to just north of Kings Way, Chambers Flat.
The upgrade will provide a safer, more resilient transport link for the area and will involve:
- widening the road to accommodate wider traffic lanes (while remaining as a two-lane road) and new three-metre wide sealed shoulders
- improving reliability of access by providing greater flood immunity along the road corridor, including construction of a new bridge over Norris Creek up to eight metres above the existing road level
- improving road geometry (by softening or correcting some bends in the road)
- improving intersections to facilitate safer turning movements and enhance traffic flow
- installing new road pavement and road drainage structures.
Detailed design is currently underway and is expected to be completed in late 2018, allowing construction to potentially commence in mid-2019 (pending final project approvals).
View the extent of proposed road upgrade works (PDF 1580 KB).
Draft proposed works plans are available for viewing below:
- Proposed Road Works Plan 1 (PDF 855 KB)
- Proposed Road Works Plan 2 (PDF 756 KB)
- Proposed Road Works Plan 3 (PDF 785 KB)
- Proposed Road Works Plan 4 (PDF 796 KB)
- Proposed Road Works Plan 5 (PDF 821 KB)
- Proposed Road Works Plan 6 (PDF 788 KB)
Draft intersection designs are available for viewing below:
- Norris Creek Road intersection design (PDF 115 KB)
- Greenvale Road intersection design (PDF 116 KB)
- Grevillea Road intersection design (PDF 112 KB)
- Kings way intersection design (PDF 119 KB)
An indicative flythrough is available for viewing below:
Please note, the surrounding environment is not shown in the flythrough.
For further information, contact the project’s community engagement team on 0498 198 743.