Edelsten Road Upgrade – Mundoolun Road to Wynne Road
Council is upgrading approximately 2.5 kilometres of Edelsten Road from Mundoolun Road to Wynne Road at Jimboomba. The extent of the works is shown on the project map here (PDF 2614 KB).
The upgrade of Edelsten Road will improve road safety, provide improved traffic capacity and enhance flood immunity for this important transport link.
The upgrade project is listed in Council’s Way2Go Connecting Logan (PDF 13494 KB) integrated local transport plan (December 2018) as being a strategic north-south, two-lane road link in support of Logan’s growing southern suburbs. It is also listed in Council’s Major Roads Statement of Intent (2018) as a priority trunk road upgrade project. This project is being delivered under Council’s Capital Roadworks and Drainage Program, jointly funded from Council’s own source funds and contributions from developers towards trunk road network requirements.
This project is generally expected to involve:
- raising and widening the two-lane rural arterial road, including provision of wider road shoulders
- improving road geometry and sight distances for motorists, through improved corners and crests
- upgrading the Davidson Road and Wynne Road intersections
- replacing existing culverts at Strachan Creek to more effectively cope with stormwater discharge
- a new bridge construction across Jimboomba Creek
- construction of new pavement and drainage infrastructure
- reconstructing property driveways to suit the new road.
As constructing this road to its ultimate configuration will require widening of the road to meet Australian design standards, Council anticipates that the project may result in some land requirements from adjoining private properties along Edelsten Road. Currently the potential extent of any required land associated with items like widening, improved corners and drainage structures is not specifically known. Council will engage with impacted owners as the design is progressed and impacts are identified.
The project is in the design phase, with design activities expected to be completed in early 2020. Pending approvals and funding allocation, construction work may commence in 2020.
Council will continue to keep the local community informed throughout this project. Should you wish to contact Council’s project team about this upgrade, you can:
- call the community engagement team on (07) 3412 4551
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- write to Edelsten Road Upgrade Project, Road Infrastructure Delivery, Logan City Council, PO Box 3226, Logan City DC, Qld, 4114
The project team will respond to community questions as quickly as possible. As design-related questions may need detailed consideration, please allow up to 10 working days.