After receiving a development approval for a Material Change of Use or Reconfiguring a Lot, an Operational Works application may be required. This application is for work relating to the development such as excavating and filling, clearing vegetation, infrastructure work, landscaping and driveway crossovers. This stage also includes information on standard specifications, SEQ Design and Construction Code and stormwater quality and vegetation clearing.
An operational works development application is required for:
- Excavating or filling of land (i.e. earthworks including change of ground level for retaining walls, construction of a dam)
- Civil works for new subdivisions (i.e. connection to Council and external infrastructure) and other works associated with a material change of use of premises or reconfiguring a lot
- Placing an advertising device on premises
- Undertaking road works on Council roads
- Clearing vegetation in accordance with state legislation
- Landscaping works
For further information, refer to the following fact sheets:
- Operational Works Fact Sheet (PDF 43 KB)
- Dam Fact Sheet (PDF 35 KB)
- Vegetation Protection Fact Sheet (PDF 250 KB)
- Construction Management Plan Fact Sheet
(PDF 421 KB)
Do I need an approval?
Depending on the zone of the property and the type of operational work proposed, the proposal may either be accepted development, code assessable or impact assessable, the latter two requiring an application to be lodged with Council for assessment.
- Assessment Benchmarks & Categories of Development and Assessment, for information about identifying the requirements your proposed operational works need to meet, and how to determine whether or not an approval is required.
- Fees, Charges and Payments, for information about associated costs.
- Application Lodgement, for information about the required forms and lodgement methods, which for operational works will include:
- DA Form 1
- Any mandatory supporting information identified on the form (eg. plans, statements outlining how the proposal meets the relevant codes).
RiskSmart Operational Works
RiskSmart Operational Works is an initiative designed to make the processing of simple, low-risk operational works applications more efficient, using accredited engineering consultants.
Forms for Operational Works
Refer to the forms below for further information regarding the Operational Works process:
- Application for Metered Standpipe for Supply of Water from Hydrants
- Road Excavation Works Application Form (PDF 58 KB)
- Requirements for Water Quality Testing Results - Connection of New Water Mains (PDF 102 KB)
Standard drawings and specifications
View all standard specifications contained within the Logan Planning Scheme.
- Standard drawings Logan Planning Scheme 2015
- SEQ Standard Drawings (LCC) (PDF 11865 KB)
- Superseded Logan Planning Scheme 2006 Standard Drawings (PDF 6967 KB)
- Superseded Beaudesert Planning Scheme 2007 Standard Roadworks Drawings (PDF 2138 KB)
- Superseded Beaudesert Planning Scheme 2007 Standard Stormwater Drawings (PDF 1845 KB)
- Superseded Gold Coast Planning Scheme 2003 Standard Roadworks Drawings (PDF 2780 KB)
- Superseded Gold Coast Planning Scheme 2003 Standard Stormwater and Fencing Drawings (PDF 2316 KB)
SEQ design and construction code
- View the SEQ Design and Construction Code
Stormwater quality and vegetation clearing
For further information about landscape operational works and compliance assessment please refer to Landscape Assessment.