RiskSmart Operational Works
RiskSmart – Operational works allows us to quickly assess and decide on simple, low-risk operational works applications (usually within five business days).
RiskSmart applications must be prepared by one of our accredited RiskSmart consultants and are eligible for a discount on our application fees.
RiskSmart - Operational Works eligibility and checksheet
To find out if operational works are eligible for RiskSmart, please refer to the RiskSmart Operational Works Application Submission Checksheet (PDF 916 KB). The checksheet outlines eligibility criteria for assessable roadworks, drainage, water supply, sewerage, stormwater treatment and earthworks.
Lodging a RiskSmart - Operational Works application
RiskSmart – Operational works applications must follow a pre-lodgement process to make sure we receive a properly made application for a speedy assessment.
- Lodge the RiskSmart – Operational Works pre-application online with all documentation attached (see below). There is no payment at this stage.
- We check the documentation and work with you to make sure everything is lodgement-ready. When the application is lodgement-ready, we will send you an invitation to lodge. This will include a notice of account and edited conditions.
- You can pay the fees (using the payment options on the notice of account) and lodge the completed application for RiskSmart – Operational Works assessment by email to DALodgements@logan.qld.gov.au.
With the RiskSmart – Operational Works pre-application you need to submit:
- the RiskSmart – Operational Works checksheet (PDF 916 KB)
- the completed DA Form 1
- draft plans of development
- draft development conditions (in Word format)
- relevant reports and supporting documentation.
You can lodge a RiskSmart pre-application online (you will need to be a registered user – please see Registered user).
You can access previously lodged applications and/or upload more information if we ask for it – please use My applications.
Accredited RiskSmart - Operational Works consultants
For a list of consultants accredited to prepare and lodge RiskSmart – Operational works applications, please download Register of RiskSmart and ExpressSeal Consultants in PDF or excel. To become an accredited consultant for operational works, please refer to the RiskSmart - Operational Works Accreditation Model and Application Kit (PDF 1715 KB).
For more information about RiskSmart – Operational works, please download Operational Works RiskSmart Lodgement Guide (PDF 777 KB) or contact Logan City Council:
Phone: 07 3412 5269