Bahrs Scrub was identified in the South East Queensland Regional Plan 2009-2031 as a Local Development Area to accommodate residential growth. Since 2009, Council has been working on a plan to guide the future development of the area.
Council released the Bahrs Scrub Local Development Area Plan for community consultation in 2012 and endorsed the plan on 4 December 2012 for the purpose of informing the Logan Planning Scheme. The Bahrs Scrub Local Development Area Plan has subsequently been incorporated into the Strategic Framework of the Logan Planning Scheme.
The plan guides the development for the area over the next 20 years and proposes:
- residential precincts for approximately 4,400 new dwellings to house around 10,100 people
- centres for an estimated 7,650 m² of retail, commercial and community uses
- strategic public transport routes through the area
- more than 60% of the area to be managed or protected to maintain environmental values
- environmental offsets throughout the plan area.
The endorsed Bahrs Scrub Local Development Plan outlines Council's policy intent for the development of the area.
It is anticipated that Bahrs Scrub Local Development Area Plan will inform a subsequent amendment to the Logan Planning Scheme, where the plan is to be translated into relevant planning scheme provisions. This amendment process is subject to review from the Queensland Government and further consultation with the community.
Bahrs Scrub Local Development Area Plan
The entire Endorsed Bahrs Scrub Local Development Area Plan (PDF 11296 KB) can be viewed here or download individual chapters of the plan:
- Chapter 1 - Executive Summary (PDF 1513 KB)
- Chapter 2 - Introduction (PDF 814 KB)
- Chapter 3 - Background (PDF 3702 KB)
- Chapter 4 - Site and Surrounds (PDF 6745 KB)
- Chapter 5 - Planning Framework (PDF 7546 KB)
- Chapter 6 - Vision and Principles (PDF 61 KB)
- Chapter 7 - Bahrs Scrub Local Development Area Plan (PDF 6914 KB)
- Chapter 8 - Next Steps (PDF 36 KB)
- Appendices (PDF 10011 KB)
- Endorsed Bahrs Scurb Local Development Area Plan Land Use Map (PDF 574 KB)
The Bahrs Scrub Local Development Area Plan is supported by a number of technical studies that provide more details and guidance on a range of matters. The full suite of supporting technical studies can be found here.
Feedback from the community on the draft plan resulted in a range of changes to the endorsed Bahrs Scrub Local Development Area Plan. A summary of submissions (PDF 282 KB) received is available.
For additional information or assistance please contact a planner.