Logan City Council is committed to develop a progressive and vibrant commercial, business and entertainment centre as a future CBD for the City of Logan.
The Beenleigh Summit was a free, informative and collaborative summit with national and international perspectives on how to unlock the economic potential of Beenleigh and the City of Logan.
The Summit was held on 25 October 2017 and featured experts in place making and design, infrastructure policy, urban innovation and development to share national and international perspectives on making the future Beenleigh an interesting and exciting place to visit, work, live, play and do business in.
For more information view the Beenleigh Summit program (PDF 325 KB)
What's next for Beenleigh?
At the conclusion of the Beenleigh Summit and community engagement period, a total of 561 submissions were received with 650 ideas on a future Beenleigh.
These ideas have been collated into 18 primary actions and 33 initiatives to be rolled out in the short, medium and long term through collaborative efforts with Council, federal and state governments, local businesses and chambers of commerce, the community and the private sector. These are detailed in the Beenleigh Summit Outcomes Summary (PDF 911 KB).
The priority projects and programs recommended for Council endorsement are outlined in the Beenleigh Implementation Plan (PDF 6565 KB). The Implementation Plan identifies and prioritises potential capital and non-capital projects and programs to deliver the actions required to progress the aims and objectives of the Beenleigh Town Centre Master Plan.
New incentives to boost development
As part of the next steps, Council recently announced the Beenleigh Economic Development Zone, offering incentives to encourage cinema, office space and mixed-used developments.
In addition, discounts on infrastructure charges of up to $1 million is also on offer for 3.5 to 5-Star branded hotels and serviced apartments to boost development.
For detailed information on eligibility requirements visit Infrastructure Planning and Charges
- The establishment of an entertainment and food precinct, and activation of the centre with outdoor dining options, a big screen and public WiFi for the Town Square.
- Delivery of a container mobile office/retail space, start-ups or info centre in the Beenleigh Town Centre.
- Streetscape enhancements and street activation with lighting and public art.
- Smart parking options and wayfinding signage.
If you were unable to attend the Beenleigh Summit or want to refer to any of the speaker sessions, you can view them below.
Speakers for the Summit
- Amanda Newbery, Director and Founder of Articulous Communication. (Event Facilitator)
- Kylie Legge, CEO and founder of PlaceScore is a leading voice in the placemaking profession.
- Stephen Yarwood, is an award-winning contemporary urban futurist who has achieved rapid transformation for Adelaide as the youngest Lord Mayor of Adelaide.
- Jock Fairweather, Director of Little Tokyo Two is the 2016-2017 Small Business Person of the Year building innovative businesses within a collaborative ecosystem.
Collaboration and Creativity
The 3D video of Beenleigh depicts the policies and strategies for the urban footprint, jobs and population growth, the key activity centres, residential and industrial zoning and major open spaces.
Context and Custodianship
This 3D video of Beenleigh depicts our social and green infrastructure including regional landscapes, local landscape corridors and key landscapes.
This 3D aerial video of Beenleigh depicts the connections of the road network in Beenleigh, utilities and other critical infrastructure such as service vehicles, private motor vehicles, public transport, cycle and pedestrian networks.
Choice and Character
This 3D video of Beenleigh depicts our precincts and buildings, specifically the land use, maximum building heights and upper level built forms.