Park Ridge South and Chambers Flat Plan
Logan City Council has prepared a plan to guide future development in Park Ridge South and Chambers Flat. The plan was open for community consultation in early 2019. Feedback from the community helped shape the final plan. The Queensland Government is now reviewing the plan before it is given effect.
The Park Ridge South and Chambers Flat Plan will provide an indicative and flexible development framework that aims to:
- provide for a balanced distribution of land uses, including mainly residential development
- protect the natural environment by identifying areas of ecological value
- provide a comprehensive movement (road/transport) network
- ensure development is delivered in an integrated, orderly way.
Why is the plan needed?
The Park Ridge South and Chambers Flat Plan applies to an area of approximately 725 hectares of land, bordered by the Mount Lindesay Highway in the west and Chambers Flat Road in the east. The plan for this area has been developed by Council in response to two factors:
- In 2009 the Queensland Government earmarked Park Ridge South and Chambers Flat for future development, including it within the Urban Footprint in the South East Queensland Regional Plan. As the local government authority, Council is required to undertake detailed land use and infrastructure planning to support the regional plan.
- Council has observed increasing interest in Park Ridge South and Chambers Flat, with landowners and developers seeking to make the most of properties in the area. We need to guide future development and accommodate the anticipated growth in a way that promotes cohesive, sustainable and efficient land use and provides for healthy, vibrant future communities.
Key documents relating to the plan and amendments to the Logan Planning Scheme 2015 are available in this folder. In the folder there are six PDF documents:
- The Park Ridge South and Chambers Flat Plan, a map presenting the proposed dominant land uses (zones and precincts) and indicative road network.
- The Park Ridge South and Chambers Flat General Planning Layout Study Report (March 2018, 27 pages), which outlines the process to prepare the draft plan, site characteristics and constraints (such as flooding, bushfire hazard), and presents the General Planning Layout and proposed transport network and infrastructure considerations.
- Two proposed amendments to the Logan Planning Scheme 2015, being:
- the Park Ridge South and Chambers Flat Land Use Area Amendment, which will affect Part 3 Strategic Framework (Settlement pattern), Schedule 2 Mapping (Settlement Pattern map), and Planning Scheme Policy 8 - Urban Design; and
- the Park Ridge South and Chambers Flat General Planning Layout Amendment, which will affect Planning Scheme Policy 5 - Infrastructure (section 7.2 General Planning Layouts).
- The submissions analysis and response report identifying how Council considered each submission.
- The community consultation booklet explaining the draft plan.
The Queensland Government is currently reviewing the plan. Following this review, the plan will be endorsed by Council and given legal effect through an amendment to the Logan Planning Scheme 2015. It is expected that this will occur in mid 2020.
For further information or to speak with a planner, please phone Council on 07 3412 4247 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.