Development Enquiry Tool
Our Development Enquiry Tool is a free online service to help you learn more about development, building and plumbing applications lodged in the City of Logan. It replaced Logan’s PD Online service in mid-2020.
You can use the Development Enquiry Tool to:
- see applications, in a list or on a map, recently lodged with Council, and decisions recently made on lodged applications
- view application documents like proposed and approved plans, decisions and any approval conditions, and associated planning and technical reports
- see all applications associated with a particular property
- search for applications based on criteria liek application type, key words, dates and locations
- see applications on an interactive map where you can add information from the Logan Planning Scheme 2015, e.g. zones, overlays etc.
- see graphs that show you how many applications of different types have been decided, and where, so that you can compare the levels and locations of activity and identify trends
- see applications currently on public notification open for comment
- create lists of applications, e.g. in a particular suburb, or of a particular type, that interest you and then set up alerts to receive an email telling you when a new application is added to the list or an application on the list has changed.
To learn more about using the Development Enquiry Tool, please see our:
- Help guide which explains all of the features in detail with screen shots and step by step instructions
- Introductory presentation that provides a quick overview of the key features
- Videos short clips to show you around the tool's key features.
Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge are the recommended browsers.
In line with Queensland's Planning Act 2016, all development application information , e.g. forms, plans, supporting technical reports, submissions, decisions, is made available to the public through the Development Enquiry Tool.
Other free online planning tools
Logan PD Hub
You can use the Logan PD Hub to:
- review key maps from the Logan Planning Scheme
- get a free property report with a zoning map and planning scheme information, for example, zones and constraints (overlays)
- review estimated costs for a proposed development on a property including development application fees, infrastructure charges and environmental offsets for any vegetation clearing
- get a free flood level report for a selected property
- find out what kind of development is preferred on a selected property and what rules apply or find a property where you could possibly do a selected development.
You can use the as-constructed plans online tool to search for a property and review information about the below-ground sanitary drainage system for residential or commercial properties. This service includes as-constructed plans for sewer, water, stormwater and roofwater.
Logan Planning Scheme (ePlan)
Use our ePlan online interactive viewer for the Logan Planning Scheme tool to view information from our current and superseded planning schemes, the land use policy telling you what can be done where in the City of Logan. You can search for keywords, view and provide feedback on any proposed changes and download or print specific sections or documents.
Open data portal
The Logan City open data portal includes key data from the Logan Planning Scheme 2015. It also contains application data including decided development applications, undecided development applications, building work applications and plumbing applications which are updated nightly.