We encourage you to recycle household items like glass, plastic, aluminium, cardboard and newspaper. You can put these items in your recycle bin.
We do not provide a 10-cent refund for drink containers. For information on Queensland’s Containers for Change scheme, visit the Containers for Change website or call 13 4CHANGE (13 42 42).
For more information about what happens to your recycling after it’s collected, please see Materials Recovery Facility.
Which bin does this go in?
We've created a handy A–Z list of waste and resource recovery. If you're not sure where something should go, see Which bin does this go in?
Mobile phone recycling
You can recycle mobile phones, batteries and accessories in the MobileMuster recycling boxes at the following locations:
- Logan Central Administration Centre
- Logan North Library
- Logan West Library
- Jimboomba Library
- Marsden Library.
E-waste recycling service
We offer an e-waste recycling service where you can dispose of televisions and computers for free. E-waste is accepted at all of our waste facilities.
The following items are accepted as recyclable e-waste:
- all televisions, such as cathode ray tube (CRT), plasma, LCD and projection televisions
- laptops, notebooks, palmtops and tablets
- computer (PC) monitors and towers
- parts for personal computers such as internal hard drives, motherboards, video cards, internal power supplies, CPUs, DVD drives and CD drives
- computer peripherals such as mice, keyboards, joysticks, game pads, scanners and web cameras
- printers including ink-jet, dot matrix, laser printers and multi-functional devices.
The following items are not accepted as recyclable e-waste and will be treated as general waste:
- game consoles such as Microsoft Xboxes and Sony PlayStations
- video recorders
- DVD players
- radios and stereos
- power tools
- appliances like microwaves
- products that have been exposed to radiation and biological or chemical hazards
- set-top boxes.