Replacing, changing or ordering extra bins
Missing or stolen bins
If your bin is missing we can replace it at no cost.
We will leave it on your footpath or kerb in 1-2 business days.
To order a replacement bin please call us on 07 3412 3412
If your bin is damaged we can repair or replace it at no cost. Bins are only replaced if they are damaged enough that they can’t be emptied or repaired. We cannot replace a bin because it’s dirty, smelly or graffitied.
Please place your bin on the footpath or kerb after you contact us. You can still put rubbish or recyclables in it. Your bin will be repaired or replaced 1-3 days after you call us.
To have your damaged bin repaired or replaced please call us on 07 3412 3412.
Extra Wheelie Bins
If one waste and one recycling bin are not enough, you can order extra bins by filling in one of the below forms. The cost of an extra bin is outlined on the application form.
The forms below should not be used to order bins for dual occupancy properties (like auxiliary units or duplexes). Please apply for a new bin service.
Please fill in one of the below forms:
- online form
- Download and fill in an Application for Additional Bins (PDF 31 KB) and return it to us.
We will add the charge for your additional bin to the properties rates notice.
Residents who rent
- Download and fill in the Application for Additional Bins (PDF 65 KB) and return it to us.
We will send you an invoice which you need to pay before we can deliver the bins.
Garden Waste Bins
We do not currently offer green or garden waste bins.
You can put a small amount of cut and bagged garden waste in your general waste bin.
You can also dispose of green waste to for free at our waste facilities (conditions apply). For more information please download our 2019 - 2020 Waste fee schedule (PDF 3023 KB)
Cancelling an extra bin service
To cancel an additional bin service and have your extra bin removed please call us on 07 3412 3412.
If you paid for your extra bin as a tenant, we cannot refund the unused part of your 12 month service fee.
Changing the size of your wheelie bin
Property owners can choose between 140L and 240L bins.
If you would like to swap your bin please fill in one of the below forms:
- Online form
- Download and fill the in Application for Change Domestic Bin Service (PDF 32KB) and return it to us.
Once we process your application, your bin or bins will be changed over within 1-3 business days. Please leave them out on the footpath (they don’t need to be empty).
Supported Bin Service
If you cannot put your bin out due to a disability or impairment you can apply for a free supported bin service.
A Waste Contractor will go into your property and take the bins out, and when they are empty will put them back.
On recycling day, the drivers of the waste and recycling trucks will work together. The driver that arrives first will take both bins to the footpath and leave both of them there. The driver that arrives second, will put both bins back.
You can apply for the service if you meet the following conditions:
- The house is located within 60 metres of the road
- There is no other person living at the property who can place the bins on the footpath
- Bins are stored in a location the driver can easily access
- All animals will be locked away at the time of service
- You provide written support from a doctor.
To apply, please fill in one of the below forms:
- Online form and upload a medical certificate
- Download and fill in an Application for Supported Bin Service (PDF 27 KB) and return it to us with a medical certificate
Medical Assistance Bin
If you have a higher amount of waste because of a medical condition you can apply for an extra waste or recycling bin for free. You will need to provide written advice from a Medical Practitioner.
To apply please:
- download and fill in an Application for Medical Assistance Bin (PDF 27 KB) and return it to us with written advice from a Medical Practitioner.