Water meter connections and disconnections
To connect or disconnect a water meter to a residential or commercial property, you will need to lodge an application.
If you are applying for a commercial water meter connection, please include a copy of the Council-approved hydraulic plans. Lot numbers and all boundary pegs need to be clearly visible on the property before water meters are installed.
In some cases you will need to install a conduit by under-road boring.
Alternatively, you can download and print the application form and send it to us.
- Please download and fill in the Water meter connection or disconnection application (PDF 59KB).
- Send your forms by email to email@example.com or post.
Fees and payment
We will review your application and assess whether it can be approved. After we approve your application, we will advise you of the applicable fees. Works will only be scheduled after we have received your payment.
Once you have received confirmation of the fees, you will have the following choices to make payment:
- pay online
- pay by phone
- pay by mail – please make your cheque or money order payable to Logan City Council, and post it with your application or notice of fees to: Chief Executive Officer, Logan City Council, PO Box 3226, Logan City DC Qld 4114
- pay in person – please bring your application or notice of fees with your payment (cash, cheque, money order or credit card) to one of our Customer Service Centres. EFTPOS facilities are available.
Residential and commercial meters
We install the following water meters:
- 20mm residential meter
- 25mm residential meter
- 25mm commercial meter
- 32mm commercial meter
- 40mm commercial meter
- 50mm commercial meter.
Once your application has been paid in full and we have received all relevant information, we will try to install the new water meter within four weeks.
For further information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disconnections, alterations and large commercial meters
You need to lodge an application with us if you wish to:
- install a commercial meter 80mm or above
- disconnect a water meter
- alter your existing meter.
Once we receive your application, we will email an application reference number to you. Approximately three weeks after we receive all your information, we will send a quote and a notice of fees to you. Once you have paid in full, we will try to complete the works within four weeks.