Women in Leadership Masterclass Guidelines
This Masterclass is an opportunity to:
- improve your communication and leadership skills
- understand your impact with new communication strategies, and
- learn how to influence and engage your sports club members, committee and players.
The Masterclass is suitable for athletes, coaches, officials, club volunteers and committee members.
Women Sport Australia is a national body for women in sport and they have organised this event. For more information, please visit Women Sport Australia.
Applications will open Monday 15 June and will close Monday 27 July 2020.
Masterclass date and time
Thursday 20 August 2020
9.30am to 3.30pm
Logan Metro Sports and Events Centre
Key workshop learnings include:
- Understanding communication styles and how to adapt your own style
- Responding to objections and confidently leading clients to a fast outcome
- How to recognise stress reactions in people and respond so that there is a fast resolution
- Impromptu speaking.
Participants will receive
- Carol Fox’s book, Confident Communication for Leaders
- Ongoing leadership tips in a newsletter from Carol Fox
- Access to a podcast series for ongoing personal and professional development.
To be eligible, participants must be:
- aged 18 years and over, and
- living in Logan (applications from non-Logan residents who contribute to community sport in Logan will also be considered).
We will select applicants based on the following selection criteria:
- demonstrated involvement and / or passion for sport
- demonstrated interest in improving communication skills
If you think you meet the above criteria, please complete SmartyGrants online application form
Spaces are limited to 20 people.
Following the Masterclass
We will contact participants for their feedback as your journey as an inspirational woman involved in sport also interests us. We may also ask you to take part in some promotional material.
We will also keep unsuccessful applicants details so we can tell you about future Game on for Women opportunities.