World Environment Day
Between January and April each year, we host a primary school poster competition for World Environment Day.
The competition aligns with school curriculum and includes links for teachers. This creative competition gets students thinking about nature and how to protect it. The 2020 theme is Healthy Waterways.
For more information, please download our World Environment Day 2020 information pack (PDF 2660 KB). The information pack includes a fact sheet, terms and conditions of the competition, teacher and student entry forms and the school curriculum links.
Schools select their five best entries from each grade level. We then choose 13 lucky winners.
Each year’s World Environment Day Calendar displays the winning posters from the previous year.
The posters are displayed at the Logan Eco Action Festival (LEAF) and later at the Logan Art Gallery.
Student winners receive a prize and a certificate. Highly commended students will also receive prizes. All registered students and participating schools go into a draw for a prize.
Calendars are available for free in our Libraries and Customer service centres.
For more information about getting involved in the competition please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07 3412 3412.
2019 World Environment Day Poster Competition Winners
Thanks to all the students who got involved and submitted their posters in 2019.
Winning entrants displayed in the 2019 World Environment Calendar are:
- Sienna, Year 6, Greenbank State School (Cover Page Winner)
- Jorjah, Year 5, Woodridge State School (Front Page Winner)
- Rachel, Year 3, Harris Fields State School
- Andie, Year 4, Chatswood Hills State School
- Lillian, Year 6, Springwood Central State School
- Tiberio, Year 6, John Paul College
- Assia, Year 3, Harris Fields State School
- Levi, Year 2, Greenbank State School
- TJ, Prep, Boronia Heights State School
- Kase, Year 1, Kimberly Park State School
- Safia, Year 1, Woodridge State School
- Evie, Year 2, St Edwards Daisy Hill
- Manaia, Year 4, Chatswood Hills State School
Our Highly Commended winners are:
- Orlando, Year 5, Mabel Park State School
- May, Year 3, Woodridge State School
- Isabella, Year 5, Canterbury College Waterford
- Rudra, Prep, Boronia Heights State School
- Abby, Year 3, Rochedale South State School
- Kingsley, Year 4, Harris Fields State School
- Ayva, Year 2, Greenbank State School
- Dimitrius, Year 3, Browns Plains State School