This suburb lies to the west of Park Ridge. This region was known as the Logan Ridges through to the early 1890s. The residents here were responsible for the construction of the first school in Park Ridge. When they wrote to the Department of Public Instruction in 1893, requesting a provisional school, they described themselves as mostly Yorkshiremen who had taken up land together, built comfortable cottages, fenced paddocks and gardens and had bought considerable areas of land under cultivation. They were prosperous enough to build the school with no government assistance. Timber getting and farming were the main industries during the 1890s with Mr Cordingley operating the blacksmith shop. The school was situated between Rosia Road and Hillcrest Road. The building was completed in April 1895. Unfortunately they omitted ant caps from the stumps and the white ants took over. This school was abandoned and a new site was chosen closer to Browns Plains. The disused Browns Plains provisional school was moved in 1913 to the new site, which the school occupies today.
Boronia Heights was gazetted as a suburb in October 1991 and was named after the first residential housing estate in the area.