Our pet registration period is from 1 September to 31 August each year. Renewal notices are issued in August each year. Please do not pay your pet’s registration renewal before you have received your notice. You can renew your pet's registration online.
How to register your cat or dog
All cats and dogs over the age of 12 weeks must be registered.
To register your cat or dog, you will need to provide:
- your animal’s microchip number
- proof of de-sexing (if applicable) - make sure you have this with you when you register them
- your Pension Concession Card or Department of Veterans Affairs Card (if applicable)
- your current membership card from a cat or dog association (if applicable).
You can register a new pet in the following ways:
- register online
- download and fill in the Animal registration form (PDF 970 KB) and return it to us
- visit the Animal Management Centre or one of our customer service centres.
Updating your animal registration details
If you move address or change your phone number, it is important to let us know. Correct contact details could help us reunite you with your animal if it becomes lost.
To update your contact details, tell us if one of your pets is no longer residing at the property, or if you get a new pet, please call us on 07 3412 3412 or email us at email@example.com.
How to Nominate Someone to Act on Your Behalf
Sometimes animal owners would like other members of their family or friends to act, speak or access information on their behalf. If you want to give access to someone else, we need the animal owner to give us this authority by filling in our Authority to act form.
Please return your completed application and documentation to us by:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- mail addressed to: Logan City Council, PO Box 3226 Logan Central DC QLD 4114,
- or in person at any of our customer service centres.
Animal registration fees 2023 / 2024
These fees will apply from Monday 17 July 2023. To register your animal with the smaller fees, register online.
Desexed cat or dog
Entire cat or dog
Entire kitten or puppy (under 12 months of age). Discounted fees only apply to the first registration period.
Desexed cat or dog - pensioner
Entire cat or dog - pensioner
Desexed cat or dog - Member of recognised association
Entire cat or dog - Member of recognised association
Government entity dog (Police, Corrective Services, Customs or drug detection dog).
Approved assistance dog (for people with disability)Animal registrations are required for these dogs.
Regulated menacing desexed dog
Regulated dangerous desexed dog
Regulated menacing entire dog
Discounted animal registration fees (pensioners and animal association membership)
You can receive a discount on your animal registration if:
- your cat or dog is de-sexed
- you are a current financial member of:
- Dogs Queensland (formerly Canine Control Council of Queensland)
- Queensland Racing Integrity Commission (greyhounds) – This applies to active racing animals only. For more information please visit the Queensland Racing Integrity Commission website
- Queensland Feline Association Inc.
- Feline Control Council of Queensland Inc.
- Queensland Independent Cat Council Inc.
- Council of Federated Cat Clubs of Queensland
- Australian National Cats Inc
- you have a current Queensland Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card or Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card (we only accept Centrelink Pension Concession cards and Department of Veteran Affairs Gold Cards only). To see a copy of eligible cards, please visit Department of Human Services - Pensioner Concession Card and / or Department of Veterans Affairs - Gold cards).
Animal registration renewals
Our registration period is from 1 September to 31 August each year. You will receive a renewal in August each year. We only offer yearly renewals.
Pro-rata fees only apply when you register a new animal between 1 March and 31 August each year. If your animal was living on your property before 1 March, you will need to pay the full registration fee – the pro-rata fee will not apply.
You can pay your animal registration renewal in the following ways:
Transfer of animal ownership and registration
If you have recently moved to Logan, you will need to register your animal with us.
If your animal is registered with another council in Queensland, you can apply for a reciprocal registration. This means we can register your animal without a fee until the end of our registration period.
To register for reciprocal registration, please download and fill in the Animal registration form (PDF 970 KB) and return it to us. You will need to give us evidence of your animal's registration with another council (e.g. registration paperwork).
To transfer animal ownership and registration, please download and fill in the Application for transfer of ownership for animal registration (PDF 224 KB) and return to us.
To transfer your registration from one animal to another animal, please download and fill in the Application for transfer of registration between cats and dogs (PDF 219 KB) and return to us.
Animal registration tags
When you register your cat or dog for the first time, you will receive a registration tag.
Please clip the registration tag to your cat or dog's collar at all times. This registration tag is for the lifetime of your pet.
If you lose or damage a tag, please request a new tag online.