Pet registration

How to register your cat or dog

All cats and dogs over the age of 12 weeks must be registered.

To register your cat or dog, you will need to provide:

  • your animal’s microchip number
  • proof of de-sexing (if applicable) - make sure you have this with you when you register them
  • your Pension Concession Card or Department of Veterans Affairs Card (if applicable)
  • your current membership card from a cat or dog association (if applicable).

You can register a new pet in the following ways:

Updating your animal registration details

If you move address or change your phone number, it is important to let us know. Correct contact details could help us reunite you with your animal if it becomes lost.

To update your contact details, tell us if one of your pets is no longer residing at the property, or if you get a new pet, please call us on 07 3412 3412 or email us at

Animal registration fees 2022 / 2023



De-sexed cat or dog


Entire cat or dog


Entire kitten or puppy (under 12 months of age). Discounted fees only apply to the first registration period.


De-sexed cat or dog - pensioner


Entire cat or dog - pensioner


De-sexed cat or dog - Member of recognised association


Entire cat or dog - Member of recognised association


Government entity dog (Police, Corrective Services, Customs or drug detection dog).
We do not require an animal registration form for these dogs.


Regulated menacing dog - de-sexed


Regulated dangerous dog - de-sexed


Regulated menacing dog - entire


Discounted animal registration fees (pensioners and animal association membership)

You can receive a discount on your animal registration if:

  • your cat or dog is de-sexed
  • you are a current financial member of:
    • Dogs Queensland (formerly Canine Control Council of Queensland)
    • Queensland Racing Integrity Commission (greyhounds) – This applies to active racing animals only. For more information please visit the Queensland Racing Integrity Commission website
    • Queensland Feline Association Inc.
    • Feline Control Council of Queensland Inc.
    • Queensland Independent Cat Council Inc.
    • Council of Federated Cat Clubs of Queensland
    • Australian National Cats Inc
  • you have a current Queensland Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card or Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card (we only accept Centrelink Pension Concession cards and Department of Veteran Affairs Gold Cards only). To see a copy of eligible cards, please visit Department of Human Services - Pensioner Concession Card and / or Department of Veterans Affairs - Gold cards).

Animal registration renewals

Our registration period is from 1 September to 31 August each year. You will receive a renewal in August each year. We only offer yearly renewals.

Pro-rata fees only apply when you register a new animal between 1 March and 31 August each year. If your animal was living on your property before 1 March, you will need to pay the full registration fee – the pro-rata fee will not apply.

You can pay your animal registration renewal in the following ways:

Transfer of animal ownership and registration

If you have recently moved to Logan, you will need to register your animal with us.

If your animal is registered with another council in Queensland, you can apply for a reciprocal registration. This means we can register your animal without a fee until the end of our registration period.

To register for reciprocal registration, please download and fill in the Animal registration form (PDF 970 KB) and return it to us. You will need to give us evidence of your animal's registration with another council (e.g. registration paperwork).

To transfer animal ownership and registration, please download and fill in the Application for transfer of ownership for animal registration (PDF 224 KB) and return to us.

To transfer your registration from one animal to another animal, please download and fill in the Application for transfer of registration between cats and dogs (PDF 219 KB) and return to us.

Animal registration tags

When you register your cat or dog for the first time, you will receive a registration tag.

Please clip the registration tag to your cat or dog's collar at all times. This registration tag is for the lifetime of your pet.

If you lose or damage a tag, please request a new tag online.