The original pastoral leases in the upper Logan district were issued from the early 1840s. These were issued outside the fifty-mile radius of the Brisbane Township and initially comprised twenty square miles. John Chambers took up three adjoining lots in the region now known as Chambers Flat in 1848.
Residents of the Chambers Flat area established a school in the home of John Garsden in 1872. This was a short lived venture and a provisional school was established in Stockleigh from 1873. The school was built to service families on both sides of the river. A new building was constructed in 1877. A further school building at Stockleigh was constructed by Mr Leitzow in 1899. At the same time residents of Chambers Flat sought to have a school on their side of the river. A provisional school was built in June 1890. It was attended by children from the Holloway, Hayes, Marks, Carter, Robinson, Miller and Lowenthal families. The school was situated near in Holloway Road, near the corner with Chambers Flat Road. At that time Holloway Road was known as Browns Plains Road and linked via Lowenthal Road up towards the current Trulson Road. The school closed in 1921.