You must visit the Animal Management Centre at least once a day to check for your pet.
You should also visit our Impounded Animals page.
There are many reasons why a personal visit to the Animal Management Centre is critical to reuniting you and your pet, including:
- your cat or dog may have lost its collar or tag
- face to face recognition as many cats or dogs look just like other cats or dogs
- how we describe the breed of your cat or dog may differ to what you would recognise and
- the animal may be in transit to the Centre.
Animals brought to the Animal Management Centre are checked for a registration tag or a microchip. These details are then used to attempt to make contact with the owner. This is the reason it is so important to update your telephone details and address with us.
A photo and description of the animal is uploaded to the Impounded Animals page of our website.
You may also wish to check with other Councils, such as Brisbane, Gold Coast, Ipswich and Redland City in case your pet was impounded outside of Logan City. It is also worthwhile checking with animal welfare agencies such as RSPCA and the Animal Welfare League.
We make every effort to reunite pets and their owners but need your help, and visits, to make this happen.
When attending the Animal Management Centre to collect an impounded animal, please be aware of the following:
- Customers entering the kennel area must wear enclosed footwear. Thongs are not acceptable.
- Only one person is permitted into the kennel area to identify their pet.
- Children are not allowed in the kennel area for their own safety. Please avoid bringing children if possible.
- Ensure you bring a lead for your dog or a suitable cage to transport cats and other pets.