Logan Planning Scheme 2015
The Logan Planning Scheme helps Council to manage population growth, plan for a sustainable future for Logan, and guide the way land is used and developed across the city. The current version Logan Planning Scheme 2015 v3.0 commenced on 9 December 2016 and incorporates:
- the Standard Drawings Amendment which was adopted by Logan City Council on 18 November 2016;
- the Greenbank Training Area Buffer Overlay Amendment which was adopted by Logan City Council on 25 November 2016.
To find out which parts of the planning scheme apply to a property, please use either:
Land use and development in the Yarrabilba and Greater Flagstone Priority Development Areas (PDAs) are managed by Economic Development Queensland.
Accessing the Logan Planning Scheme
- The Logan Planning Scheme 2015 current documents and maps (PDF) can be accessed here .
- Use Logan Interactive Mapping to see zones, local plans, overlays and other key maps and access a report for a property of interest.
- Maps from the Logan Interactive Mapping tool are also available in raw form (download KML, Shapefile format) on Council's Open Data portal, or via data.gov.au.
- Standard drawings can be viewed here.
- Superseded planning schemes for the City of Logan, including superseded versions of the Logan Planning Scheme 2015, can be accessed here.
- To purchase a physical copy of the Logan Planning Scheme 2015 or the superseded planning schemes for Logan, please complete this form (PDF 346 KB) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Council on (07) 3412 3412.
Improving the Logan Planning Scheme
The Logan Planning Scheme 2015 originally commenced on 18 May 2015 and replaced the three previous planning schemes which were in effect across the city, reducing red tape and simplifying the rules for property development.
Council is committed to a framework of regular review and amendment to ensure the Logan Planning Scheme remains relevant and effective. Please use our online form to provide feedback and for more information, please see Planning Scheme Amendments.
Learn more about planning schemes
To learn more about Queensland's planning framework and the role of the State and local governments in the plan making process, click here.
The State Government have produced a useful video which explains planning scheme codes and commonly used terms - click here to view it.
For more information about the Logan Planning Scheme please contact a planner.