Logan Plan 2025
A new planning scheme for Logan.
About Logan Plan 2025
Our draft plan for Logan’s future growth was endorsed by Council in August 2023 and is being reviewed by the Queensland Government. You can view the draft Logan Plan 2025 which was submitted for State Interest Review. When the process is completed, we will share the plan with our community (in the second half of 2024) so that everyone can have their say and help shape the future of our city.
Over the next 15 years Logan will be one of the fastest growing areas in South East Queensland. Our planning scheme helps us manage this growth by:
- guiding what can be built where, supporting jobs and providing housing choice
- planning the delivery of infrastructure (like roads, parks, water and community facilities)
- protecting what we value in our city, like our environment, safety and heritage.
All councils are required to review their planning schemes within 10 years and decide whether to amend or replace them. Since Logan’s current planning scheme started in May 2015, there have been many changes affecting our city, our region and the way we live, work, learn, play and move about.
We are preparing a new planning scheme to respond to these and other emerging changes and shape Logan’s future. Logan Plan 2025 will help us keep what’s working well and improve what could be working better. It will focus on:
- managing growth, housing choice and job opportunities in both the established and newer areas of our city
- the design of our buildings, streets and landscapes, taking into account factors like sustainability and safety
- improving how we manage and respond to natural hazards like flooding, taking a risk-based approach that provides stronger rules in higher risk areas and considers the impact of climate change (as required by State policy)
- protecting and enhancing our environmental values, like our green spaces, waterways and wildlife
The diagram below illustrates the process and timeline for the delivery of Logan Plan 2025. You can find more information in the table below.
|What to expect
Council is committed to making sure the community plays a meaningful role in the preparation of Logan Plan 2025.
In the second half of 2024, after the Queensland Government have completed their review, we will share our draft Logan Plan 2025 with our community so that everyone can have their say. We will be providing a variety of opportunities for people to contribute to shaping our city and our future.