Inside Page Baner


This location takes it name from the railway station established in 1885. The name was adopted simply because the station had a view of the Loganholme area.

One notable industry here was the brewery established by August Thorsborne. He had a cordial and aerated waters manufactory from 1873, producing lemonade for the local population. He was the proprietor of the Royal Hotel in Beenleigh during the 1880s. His brewery opened in June 1884. The brewery was located in the vicinity of the intersection of the Brisbane-Beenleigh Road with Holmview Road, which was the boundary between the Waterford and Beenleigh Councils. Thorsborne's property was known as Fernside. The brewery was a relatively small operation producing 14 to 16 hogsheads (large casks holding over 63 gallons) of beer per week. Water from the adjacent creek was used in production and beer barrels were stored in the underground cellar on the property. Locals always referred to the waterhole in the creek as the brewery waterhole. Thorsborne made hop beer, ginger beer, and horehound. By 1891 Thorsborne was in liquidation and the brewery fell into disrepair. A more recent business of the distilling kind, was an illegal operation run out of the back of a baby Austin car, where the liqueur made from Beenleigh rum was stored in the fake spare tyre, and sold locally, while running the gauntlet of the law.

Currently Teys Brothers is a major industry in Holmview. The cattle yards which were originally in Beenleigh were relocated to Holmview in 1980 at the same time as Teys were establishing their new meatworks. An underpass was built under the Waterford Beenleigh Road to walk cattle from the sale yards to Teys Brothers.