Traineeships & Apprenticeships
Kick start your career in local government, and take the next step toward your future career goals!!!
The primary purpose of a traineeship or apprenticeship is to become trained and qualified in a trade or particular type of job. The benefits include:
- The ability to work and earn money while studying for your qualification
- A nationally recognised qualification on completion of your training
- A mix of off-job learning (in classroom, online, or at our premises) and on-job learning (in the workplace)
- Real life experience in the workplace
Types of traineeships & apprenticeships
Each year the opportunities Council has available vary. Currently we host 70 Trainees and Apprentices across 20 different qualifications which are included below. The terms of each contract varies and will depend on the requirements of the qualification.
- Animal Studies
- Civil Construction
- Conservation & Land Management
- Information Technology
- Library & Information Services
- Live Production
- Local Government
- Local Government (Health & Environment)
- Sport & Recreation
- Urban Pest Management
- Water Industry Operations
- Automotive Servicing
- Kitchen Operations
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology
How to apply
Council, via our panel of providers, undertakes its main recruitment for these positions from August to October each year, with possible opportunities becoming available at other times throughout the year.
Council acts as the Host Employer only, so you will need to contact one of our panel of providers to be considered.
The apply now button will appear on this page when our opportunities are available.