Traineeships & Apprenticeships
Kick-start your career in local government and take the next step toward your future career goals in 2019!
Why join our program?
Council’s Traineeship and Apprenticeship Program not only helps you gain a nationally recognised qualification, it also offers value-add opportunities such as:
- Learning and Development Program - including training courses in Personal Productivity and Focus, Communication Techniques, Conflict Resolution and Assertiveness
- Job Readiness Training - to prepare you for the transition from Trainee/Apprentice to your next career goal
- Ambassador opportunity at Council’s annual Ignite Youth Careers Expo
- Co-lead community projects involving Youth Assisting Youth (YAY Team)
How to apply
We are currently recruiting for the following full time traineeships and apprenticeships:
- Allied Health (1)
- Business (12)
- Civil Construction (2)
- Libraries and Information Services (1)
- Sport and Recreation (2)
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology (2)
Positions will close on 22 November 2019 at 5pm (AEST).
Council, via our panel of providers, recruits for opportunities annually. Council is the Host Employer; however, initial recruitment is undertaken by our service providers (Maxima, MEGT or All Trades Queensland) so please contact one of them to be considered.
Phone: (07) 3800 1588 or 0413 294 874
Phone: 0428 003 212
Phone: 0417 680 842
Phone: 0412 284 294