Logan Early Warning
We have teamed up with the Early Warning Network to provide residents and businesses with free early warning alerts for:
- potentially severe weather
- flood notifications.
The Logan Early Warning service allows you to plan, prepare for and respond to severe weather events before they happen.
The Logan Early Warning service will help you to become familiar with potential hazards and risks that may affect our city. It encourages you to take early action to reduce any potential damage that may occur during severe weather.
Get the app
Logan Early Warning is available as a smartphone app.
The Logan Early Warning app provides features to assist Logan residents, including:
- alerts based on your registered residential address
- alerts from across Australia based on your GPS location
- a Help Me feature that sends your location and details to nominated email addresses and contact numbers
- a feature that lets you call Emergency 000, SES 132 500, Police 131 444, and a 24-hour GP while providing your GPS coordinates and estimated address
- access to weather radar information based on your location
- location display
- the ability to upload images and video.
What do I receive?
Logan Early Warning will send you alerts for potentially dangerous weather, bushfires and floods within Logan. You may also receive custom messages related to disaster and emergency situations.
How do I receive the information?
Residents can receive alerts via:
- push notification (by downloading the app)
- text-to-voice for landlines.
Optional flood notifications
You can subscribe to receive flood notifications for some locations across the city, including:
- Albert River at Beenleigh
- Albert River at Tamborine
- Albert River at Wolffdene
- Henderson Creek at Cusack Lane
- Logan River at Logan Village
- Logan River at Maclean Bridge
- Logan River at Parklands
- Logan River at Waterford
- Logan River at Kilmoylar Road
- Oxley Creek at Goodna Road
- Quinzeh Creek at Pineview Road
- Schmidts Creek at Bayes Road
- Schmidts Creek at Schmidts Road
- Scrubby Creek at Kurrajong Drive
- Slacks Creek at Loganlea Road.
The flood notifications give you information on flood levels and allow you to:
- watch your local conditions
- prepare your home and family
- respond when you receive notifications.
Flood notification types
There are four different types of flood warnings:
- minor flood warning
- moderate flood warning
- major flood warning
- river/creek falling.
For more information about flood warnings, please visit the Bureau of Meteorology website.
We recommend that you do not solely rely on the Logan Early Warning flood notifications. Use our Preparedness information and tools to better understand your risk of flooding and isolation.
Please note that we make no statements, representations or warranties about the accuracy, correctness, timeliness, completeness or fitness for any purpose or use of information contained on the Bureau of Meteorology's website.
Is there anything else I need to know?
It is important that you update your details regularly. To do this, visit the Early Warning Network website.
Troubles with registering or downloading the app?
If you are having trouble registering for Logan Early Warning, or have issues with the App, please contact the Early Warning Network via email and include your mobile phone number and address.